Thread: HELP Regarding PIP waiting for decision and Severe Disability.

HELP Regarding PIP waiting for decision and Severe Disability.

Hi all

I have severe borderline personality disorder, paranoid schizophrenia, PTSD and suffer from crippling anxiety. I've decided against medication for the past 7 months as the line of work I'm in requires a lot of creativity ( medication blocks this) and being able to focus and stand for long periods of time its all very fast paced and they just slow me down. I'm managing all this with just therapy and giving myself a firm kick up the backside everyday.

I've been in the ESA support group for a few years now. My DLA claim ended in June 2016 I applied for PIP in June and have been waiting since September 21st 2016 for a decision as this was the date I received a text from DWP saying they had all the information they needed and will be in touch shortly with a decision. How much longer will I have to wait. My finances are a mess. I work minimum hours when my brain isn't a mess and PIP is safe money for me so I know my bills will be covered no matter what state I end up in.

Last week I received a letter from DWP regarding Severe Disability Premium and sent that off today. But on the letter it says
    We are sending you this form because you may be get extra income with your employment support allowance because you are getting the middle or highest rate of DLA or You are getting the standard or enhanced rate of daily living component of PIP
    I filled it in and sent it off as I can't be bothered with them hassling me to send back a form and my mental health has been a lot better so i felt like it was something i could just get on with and do. But I am yet to receive a decison for PIP so does this mean my decision has been made? Although I called them last Wednesday 2nd November with my support worker and they said no decision had been made on my pip claim and we just have to wait til they make a decision. I was on lower rate of DLA before for both living and mobility.

This is having a massive effect on my life, I have bills I can't pay and there are many days I go hungry or fill up on water as I can't afford to eat. I've had 3 overdoses since making my PIP claim and now and Don't even want to tell them as i feel this will delay the process even more even though you are supposed to tell them of changes as my good days are now few and far between. Although with all the stress, anxiety and stuff going on in my head my work has been somewhat better and I've been able to get my frustrations out in a creative way (silver linings)

Should I even be worrying about the Severe Disability Premium? Am I even eligible? Or am I giving myself something pointless to worry about?
    And how much longer for this PIP claim decision?

Sorry I wrote so much I just wanted to give you all a full picture of whats gone on
    Thank you

No one can say for sure that you have been awarded PIP, except for the DWP themselves.

However the fact that they sent you the IS10 form to claim the Severe Disability Premium on your ESA is a very promising sign.

They don't just send the form out without any reason to.
    (So it would suggest that you have been given a PIP award for daily living at least).

Hopefuly you will get an official letter about the PIP decision soon.

You could always ring them again, if you are up to it.
    Remember though that the people on the phones don't always have the full information, just what they can see on their screen.
    It can take some time for decisions to get put on the screens where they can see it.
    (This could be what happened last week, a decision may have been made but the person on the phone couldn't see it yet).

Whether you qualify for the SDP depends on your circumstances, which is the information you put on the form they sent you.

Hope you hear soon, best of luck.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

hi as nukecad,said just ring you never no you mite get the answer you are looking for regards