Thread: No longer using Motability

No longer using Motability

Motability said it would take 4-6 weeks for the DWP to start paying me my higher rate mobility allowance after I bought my car from them.
    The lease finished on 25/9/16 so the 6 weeks is up but still no payment.

Has anyone else had a long wait for the payments to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Creamtea49 View Post
    Motability said it would take 4-6 weeks for the DWP to start paying me my higher rate mobility allowance after I bought my car from them.

Hi

When I left 2 and a bit years ago now I just had the payment as normal when it was due the following month one thing I did notice though it wasnt paid separately it was and still is included within my higher rate care component as one complete payment for both together if this helps.

Thanks for your reply Shorty, that's interesting.
    I'll give it another week or two, I did ring the DLA number that's on my letter but it just mentioned PIP applications which isn't what I want and I don't want to tempt fate so I left it.

Handed mine back around that date too and not received PIP mobility payment yet - I think they told me it can take up to 8 weeks, but when it's been processed I'll get teh back payment so won't lose any just delay

Sometimes it can take a bit longer.

Thankyou FredaNotSpam and fwipperie.

Payments started yesterday but not as much as I thought. 5 weeks paid into my bank but I worked out 7 were due as my lease finished on 26/9/16.
    Anyone know how the payment dates work with DWP?

Thankyou FredaNotSpam and fwipperie.

Payments started yesterday but not as much as I thought. 5 weeks paid into my bank but I worked out 7 were due as my lease finished on 26/9/16.
    Anyone know how the payment dates work with DWP?
    I would contact Motability. You will get through quickly. Phone DWP if you like listening repeatedly to the same song!