Thread: Luggage with ryanair

Luggage with ryanair

Hi,
    We are travelling to germany on a short break in a few days time. We had intended on just hand luggage but with all the extras we need (extra clothing in case of accidents, medication, seat cushion etc) it looks like we will be checking in a bag. I understand that ryanair will allow a bag free of charge either as a cabin bag or a checked bag. Do you know if they check through the bags to see what is in them or do they just allow them anyway? I dont want to get to the airport and then start a big discussion with them about what is needed and for what etc etc

Regardless of who you fly with all bags are scanned, even hold luggage. Medication needs to be in hand luggage. Prebook your hold luggage to save extortionate charges at the airport. Security is a bit of a nightmare as liquids, even medication liquids have to be scanned separately and they need to be in a sealed plastic bag of the correct size.
    Only your hand luggage of 10 kilo is free of charge.

Any liquids have to be in hand luggage, this includes shampoo, showergel, etc and ant meds (tablets etc). has to be in hand. I'd advise taking you latest prescription so you can say its THIS...... All sealed and clearly labelled. IF you have large items, you ARE allowed a case for "medical purposes only". Its free and has to go with hand luggage in the cabin. (My boyfriend has to take dialysers which take up a small suitcase) That will still be scanned and MAY be inspected. That case has to be labelled "medical purposes only" clearly.
    If in doubt check with Ryanair, however we went to Rhodes with Ryanair and all of the above was true tehn.

Reddivine, beg to differ re all liquids have to be in hand luggage. You can put them in hold luggage as you are only allowed 500ml in 100ml bottles in your hand luggage. You are fine to put them in hold luggage in any quantity.
    A friend of mine had all their liquid toiletries confiscated as foolishly they had put them in their hand luggage. I am a frequent flyer so have to keep up with the regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Reddivine, beg to differ re all liquids have to be in hand luggage. You can put them in hold luggage as you are only allowed 500ml in 100ml bottles in your hand luggage. You are fine to put them in hold luggage in any quantity.
    A friend of mine had all their liquid toiletries confiscated as foolishly they had put them in their hand luggage. I am a frequent flyer so have to keep up with the regulations.
    Correct.
    Any liquids in carry on can and will be confiscated if they are more than 100 ml per container, these need to be packed in a clear plastic bag which must close (especially with Ryanair) and need to be taken out of any carry on luggage to be scanned separately.

You are allowed to carry liquid medicine as required for your flight in hand luggage, in fact this is strongly encouraged so it is not lost. The medicine does not need to fit in the transparent bag but you should have it ready for inspection by airport security.