Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Declaring PayPal accounts to the DWP

Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    What about PayPal users who only use their account to pay for stuff bought online? We're not using the account to pay spare money into (Big joke)

And as far as the PTB are concerned if your on benefits your not entitled to privacy!
    That's all i use it for, and who are the PTB? Privacy is a human right

Like I said above,

The DWP have, sort of, not been bothering about paypal accounts.

But HMRC have realised that some businesses have not been declaring money stored in paypal accounts and are cracking down on them.

Expect the DWP to follow suit and start looking at what you are using your paypal account for.

If like most people its just small stuff, or just a way of paying for things you buy online, then there should be no problem.

But if you have a couple of thousand in there they are going to start looking very closely.
    If you are using it every week then they are going to start looking to see if you could be running a business.

If you are just buying stuff on line then that will be fine. If you are buying stuff and selling it again then its a business.
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-30-2016 at 06:10 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

My PayPal does not involve deposit and withdrawal,I simply use it if when purchasing on line it is the only way
    If there is an option to simply pay with my card,then I do,and I don't declare that

Ah,no worries then....

Quote Originally Posted by tom34 View Post
    That's all i use it for, and who are the PTB? Privacy is a human right
    The Powers That Be. Government/HMRC/The Tax payers alliance/Jobcentre plus and DWP, and others.

Look at the poxy forms we fiill in, DWP forms are now being opened by any old Tom, Dick or Harriet who work for the post office in Wolverhampton, who open and scan them, these forms include a lot of information that scalliwags use. DOB, NI number, bank details, and address. When BoJo introduced Oystercards in London I had to fill in a form to get one, I asked the question did we give our name and address to bus drivers every time we got on a bus? Course not! But this was included on this form along with other information.

So if your on benefits, or on a low income, bye bye privacy, bye bye!