Thread: PIP Medical Very Angry!!!!

PIP Medical Very Angry!!!!

My son was sent a home appointment for the 22nd Dec i rang them to say that he wasnt going to be at home because the disability centre he attends were doing their Christmas play which he is part off and they said thats fine and will send out a new appointment.
    Got the new appointment today dated for the 28th Dec 9am which now means he can not go away for xmas as planned with other members of the family because they wont allow him to cancel another appointment, do these people not have xmas off and why would they expect someone to cancel their Christmas plans just because they can not wait until after the xmas holidays.
    This is the one time off year where he gets to see all his family and its been taken away from him and he is very upset by it all he has done nothing but cry about it he is heart broken and im so angry that they have this right to take away his family time that only happens at Christmas time .

They have waited until after the Christmas holidays.

Sorry to hear that. Sadly that's what these people are like. Not as bad as you and your son's situation but my ESA50 came through not long back and they wanted it back by the 26th December.... Boxing day of course.

In other words, with the xmas post and nobody being in the office xmas eve/day and boxing day, I have less than the 4 weeks to send it back to them. You would have thought with xmas they would have added a few days on or a week to cater for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Careruk26 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Sadly that's what these people are like. Not as bad as you and your son's situation but my ESA50 came through not long back and they wanted it back by the 26th December.... Boxing day of course.

In other words, with the xmas post and nobody being in the office xmas eve/day and boxing day, I have less than the 4 weeks to send it back to them. You would have thought with xmas they would have added a few days on or a week to cater for this.
    Phone up and ask for an EXTENSION. Quote the fact of delayed postage due to xmas and also postal strike and say you cannot guarantee its safe arrival on time. If they ggrant an extension GET IT IN WRITING.

With hindsight your son would have been better off missing the Christmas play then. These appointments are not always convienient, and I'm afraid you won't be able to change it again.
    How far away is your son going? Would it be possible for you to bring him home for just one morning? If the holiday was already booked, I wouldn't have risked cancelling the first appointment. It awful that your son is so upset but I'm afraid there's nothing else you can do, apart from go away, miss the appointment and then the assessment team will send the PIP forms back to the DWP.

Hi tony,

I feel very sorry for your son.

I know you are not meant to cancel an appointment more than once, but I just wondered if you were to give them another call. Explain your situation regarding going away for Christmas, and asking if it was possible to re-arrange it. Tell them that you will accept the appointment if this is not viable.

Good luck, Nina

I second what Nina says

I know its crap but they have changed it and they didn't know his schedule, the only plus is it will get things sorted sooner.
    Not siding with the DWP,I have as much reason as any to hate them.
    Just saying.

Sorry for late reply everyone my internet has been down for weeks son had his medical on the 27 Dec all went well he got enhanced care and mobility for the next 10 years it took 4 weeks for the decision to come through . The only strange part off it was he wasnt given any points for his severe speech problems but oh well let them think that lol im not going to question that ridiculous over site on their behalf .

Sorry just checked he had his medical 28 Dec 2016.