Thread: PIP:/ DLA documents, et al

PIP:/ DLA documents, et al

Good Morning,

I have until mid January to have my PIP forms completed and returned, For the last 2.5 years I've been on H/R care and mobility, I heard that IF DLA documentation in NOT older than THREE years PIP look,at those documents and any documentation SINCE IE; ( Further evidence) Consultants letters etc, the award Etc and make a decision.

Although they say that they look at old documentation I wonder that as PIP is a new and different claim they actually will.
    Does anyone know IF this is correct?

The documentation to get awarded DLA, that went to a M/R then a Tribunal is considerable, 60+ pages, The new updated evidence is only about 10 pages.

Should I hedge my bet and send them ALL the documentation ( Old and new) just in case?

should I point out the original award is under 3 years old?

Should I enclose copies of the original Decision, M/R and The Tribunal letter and notes?

Is a social workers letter regarding my conditions and observations on me in my home relevant? ( As this letter covers ALL my conditions and how they affect me daily). ALSO advising that a ""HOME MEDICAL IS PREFERABLE"" BUT as the Social worker is not a medically qualified person, WOULD PiP consider this relevant and include it in their decision making?

Finally, I presume PIP make their decision on their application form and supporting evidence, So When/How do the DWP decide IF a face to face medical is needed?

I realise what this posting is lengthy and has many questions, BUT, Can anyone assist me?

Many Thanks and Happy Holidays
    K

PIP is an entirely different benefit to DLA.

Your evidence should be as recent as possible as they will be assessing you on how your disability affects you NOW.

Personally I do not think old evidence is relevant unless it specifies a condition that is chronic and will not change. I think sending 60 pages of documentation relating to the DLA award will not be looked at. Likewise as regarding the Decision, MR and tribunal information.

A social worker's report should be included.

There is a list of other professional's reports that can be included.

See here:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...ting-evidence/

If you think you should have a home visit then saying a home visit is 'preferable' is not the way to go! Your doctor/other health professional should be stating that a home visit is required because........................(something along the lines of attending an assessment centre would seriously affect the claimant's health due to....) In general terms if you attend the doctor's surgery then you can attend an assessment centre. Check that they have disabled facilities if needed.