Thread: ESA Appointment Phone Number

ESA Appointment Phone Number

I was sent a text by DWP today reminding me of my appointment on Friday for an assessment. I am unable to attend due to severe anxiety and depression issues and am working closely with the cab and my gp on these matters. I was forced to phone the appointment line and postpone the appointment so I can get time to send in medical letter from my gp stating why I cannot travel to the appointment. The man I spoke to on the phone has left me feeling so sad and upset. I am shaking. He was very patronising and kept huffing when I asked him to politely repeat himself (he was a Geordie) I wasn't rude I was trying to stress how difficult to would be for me to attend to which he replied with calm down calm down I'm not asking for details it's OK, but he made me feel very uneasy and was saying it in a tone to shut me up. I am so upset and I am so worried they are gonna stop my money and make me attend.

I will try not to give any direct examples I experienced myself so in short here are the rules....

Postpone once... fine
    Postpone twice.... Not good

In your case you can't delay forever. You either sadly have to somehow attend or have written evidence from people like GP's to recommend a home visit.

I have the same MH problems as you and of course the same rules would apply to me. I too will find it so overwhelming and hard to cope with, but realistically there is no other option but to go or lose out.

They cannot stop your money for 1 cancellation. Plus look at it this way, they deal with so many people each day, the staff are verbally abused (perhaps rightfully so), and are probably just as annoyed at this unfair system as we are.... but they do it to earn a wage. It's probably nothing personal but I understand it would have been difficult for you.

Not to sound like all doom and gloom but they can "make" you attend (by stopping your money if you dont). I wish you the best of luck though and hope it goes well. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.

Thanks for your response. I have been reassured by my cab advisor and my gp that they will go to any lengths to help me out. I am OK getting a letter from my gp stating I cannot attend and cab are certain this will be OK and dwp may request a home visit which is also going to be a problem but will be easier for me of course. So I am holding on to that hope.