Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PIP Capita Paper Assesment

PIP Capita Paper Assesment

I have been on DLA indefinite award for the past 11years, I was advised to inform DWP of my change of condition and apply for PIP, my partner phoned DWP and applied on the 18/10/2016, once the forms were sent the local CAB assisted in filling in the PIP application.

On the 4/01/2017 my partner phoned Capita and asked why I have not been called for an assessment, they informed a paper assessment has already been carried out based on my medical evidence/reports, once the paperwork has been checked it will be passed on to the DWP.

My question how long does it normally take for DWP to make a decision ?

It's hard to say for sure as it varies depending on their workload from one area to another, but as a rough guide, I had an assessment on 14th November, assessor's report was sent to DWP on 19th November and I received my decision letter on 8th December. SO from the report being sent to DWP it took just under 3 weeks to receive the decision letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarmax View Post
    I have been on DLA indefinite award for the past 11years, I was advised to inform DWP of my change of condition and apply for PIP, my partner phoned DWP and applied on the 18/10/2016, once the forms were sent the local CAB assisted in filling in the PIP application.

On the 4/01/2017 my partner phoned Capita and asked why I have not been called for an assessment, they informed a paper assessment has already been carried out based on my medical evidence/reports, once the paperwork has been checked it will be passed on to the DWP.

My question how long does it normally take for DWP to make a decision ?
    Today 25/01/2017 my partner has phoned DWP to ask for an update ' we are waiting on the paperwork from Capita, and will get a casework to chase it up'. My partner then phoned Capita, 'we sent the paperwork to DWP on the 14 /12/2016'.

Now I seriously confused

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarmax View Post
    Today 25/01/2017 my partner has phoned DWP to ask for an update ' we are waiting on the paperwork from Capita, and will get a casework to chase it up'. My partner then phoned Capita, 'we sent the paperwork to DWP on the 14 /12/2016'.

Now I seriously confused
    Hi
    Could just be incompetence by the DWP, they excel in it. However, when you get both parties passing the buck around you need to step up a gear. Phone the DWP and ask to speak to a case manager or request a call back from one (don't rely on the call handler for info)

My partner is going to leave it for a week or so, if we have no progress we will ask for a case manager, however, we are frightened if we upset them they will give a bad or zero award.

I would not be frightened. If it has been paper assessed it can be a good sign.

My partner contacted DWP for a update, it would appear Capita are telling porky pies, first the say on the 4/1/17 it is a paper assessment and they finalising the paperwork before submitting it to DWP, then on the 25/01/17 they tell us they sent the paperwork to DWP on the 14/12/16 ?.

DWP have now got a case manager involved to date they have not received any correspondence from Capita.
    Last edited by Oscarmax; 13-02-17 at 10:08.

Well I am still waiting I have still have not heard nothing, to date they have still been paying me my DLA indefinite award ?

They will carry on paying you until they decide and you pip starts, im currently waiting for a paper based pip aswell I call once aweek just to check.

I no how frustraighted you are as I am too, it's just a annoying waiting game. But paper based is good it means they have all information needed

I wonder if I'd be paper assessed for PIP having been disabled for 40 years!