Thread: Late tribunal appeal. Beware.

Late tribunal appeal. Beware.

After my mandatory reconsideration was refused, I was offered after a telephone call to resubmit any further evidence. This I jumped at the opportunity and again was refused.
    I then presumed I had a month from the second refusal letter to appeal to the Tribunal! Bad mistake. DWP did not inform me my time was cut short through this second request, it's the first letter you have the month from, my Tribunal has clearly replied saying they will need to see if DWP refuse my appeal through being late! After rereading the second mandatory letter it appears I was wrong. It's not however very well explained. I now have to hope they accept my appeal.
    Beware anyone going through this, and hopefully the Tribunal will understand.

As you have found the second one was not an MR, it was an 'Internal Review'.

There again it is not up to the DWP to accept or reject your (late) appeal, that is up to the court to decide.

The DWP can object because it is late, but it's the courts decision to accept or not.

Think about it, if the DWP had the power to reject appeals themselves then they would probably reject 95%, just like they do with MR's.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Many thanks, that makes me a little calmer.