Thread: PIP Tribunal - Quick Question

PIP Tribunal - Quick Question

I'm trying to support a family member with her PIP appeal. We've gone through the mandatory reconsideration but she still disagrees with the decision not to award her mobility. She wants to appeal to tribunal which we are planning on doing but can we just ask them to reconsider the mobility element? I'm having nightmares about going to tribunal and them deciding to remove her care element! Prior to being moved from DLA to PIP she had received the higher rate of mobility and i know the criteria is different now but i seriously never expected her to be turned down for this!

So can they remove something that's been awarded? Am i worrying over nothing? I've done some general searches but haven't stumbled across the exact information i need.

Thank you

They can remove the care element but if they think this is likely I've read many times that they warn you and you would be given the opportunity to withdraw the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle View Post
    They can remove the care element but if they think this is likely I've read many times that they warn you and you would be given the opportunity to withdraw the appeal.
    Thank you for replying. So i'm presuming they would receive the appeal paperwork and if they think it might be something they would considered they'd contact her directly and tell her then. God its hard to know what to do for the best really!

I don't think it's in advance. From what I've read it's during the appeal. If they think from the way the questions are answered or from their observations that they're going to end up reducing or removing the award they'll let the person know and give them the option to withdraw the appeal at that point.

I was downgraded at a change of circumstances and never received any warning. I have MS which is a progressive illness,I went from using sticks to now I cant walk and use a chair and was downgraded in the care part. Got tribunal on the 27th Feb. Crapping myself!!
    Good luck however you go.