Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have stage 2 hypertension (BP) is ramprill good or bad?

Have stage 2 hypertension (BP) is ramprill good or bad?

As above been prescribed the above meds for Stage 2 BP GP prescribed ramprill 1.25mg with a does of 1 per day, i have read bad things about this drug re side effects, has anyone here taken this ?

I take ramipril 2.5mg tabs twice daily (5mg/day) following my recent cardiac arrest. (along with Aspirin, Bisoporol, Ticagrelor, and Atorvastatin).

Ramipril is what is known as an 'ACE inhibitor', it works by relaxing the blood vessels in your body.
    This reduces stress on your heart and lowers your blood pressure.

I have had no side effects from any of these meds. (Maybe a bit of constipation when I first started taking them).

All of these meds, (like many other meds, even common Aspirin) have a long list of possible side effects.
    But these are usually very unlikely to trouble most people, they are just there to cover the manufacturer.

Remember the internet is full of junk by people who like to tell you scary stories, especially the tabloid press.

Like any new medication if you notice something out of the ordinary when you start taking it then report it to your GP.
    Last edited by nukecad; 01-21-2017 at 10:47 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi

I find this site extremely helpful when starting on new medication

Here's the drug info on your drug http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/mo...esc&monopage=1

I take Ramipril 10mg daily and was very wary after reading the possible side effects on the internet, but had no problems at all apart from they didn't reduce my BP enough. I now take Metoprolol 50 mg (a beta blocker) as well as Ramipril and my BP is slowly reducing.
    I tried 4 other brands of BP medication before Ramipril and they didn't suit me, mainly dizziness & nausea so I'm more than happy that Ramipril & Metoprolol are working.

Ramipril did not suit me, gave me chest pains so I had to stop taking it. Mind you I think it dropped my blood pressure too low as my blood pressure is low in the 1st place, I was only given it after a heart attack.
    Side effects do not happen to everyone.

hi I take Ramipril and have no side effect, with other tablets after haveing heart attack regards palmer

I take 10mg Ramipril daily with no problems at all. Also a host of other BP meds as well.
    All drugs don't suit everyone, & your doctor will start you off on a low dose.

Well i have been taking just 1 .25mg cap each day for nearely a week , with no bad side effects that i have noticed, though i think my sleeping pattern may be affected to some degree

Good that you have no side affects, like we said there is always a long list of "possible" but they don't affect most people, just backside covering by the manufacturer.

Good that you have no side affects, like we said there is always a long list of "possible" but they don't affect most people, just backside covering by the manufacturer.