Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have stage 2 hypertension (BP) is ramprill good or bad?

My husband had a mild heart attack and then had to have a triple heart bypass last June. He's fine now and was advised by our GP to raise the Rampiril bit by bit till he was on 10mg a day cos it would make his heart work better. He's now on that dose and has been for a while, blood tests show all is normal and he has no side effects. He's also on Bisoporol and Avistatin (max dose) and his bp is around 135/68 most times and his resting heat rate around 55. He doesn't feel dizzy or have any problems so guess he's one of the lucky ones. He exercises regularly too and sticks (more or less) to a healthy balanced diet now. I agree that the companies who make the meds have to cover themselves so they have to mention every possible side effect. Most people don't get bad side effects though but some will do of course.

Rampiril was one of my daily tablets, I developed a night cough and nausea. By a process of elimination Rampiril was identified as the cause I requested a change and it was replaced by Losartan which solved the problem.

Ramipril is well known to cause coughs in some patients, not all tho.
    Call me Mike.

Take proper assistance from a doctor to get the possibilities of allergies on consuming the medicine.

Now on 2.5mg Ramiprill The first does may of caused me to have a sudden loss of bowel control (within 1 hr of taking it) though i cannot proove it was as i also have IBS D) but apart from having heavy legs, feeling slightly drowsy/confused shortly after taking it for the 1st week or so i appear to be side effect free, no cough either

I'll always suggest you to consult a doctor who can diagnose the problem properly and can prescribe the right medication and treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by C.C.L. View Post
    I take Ramipril 10mg daily and was very wary after reading the possible side effects on the internet, but had no problems at all apart from they didn't reduce my BP enough. I now take Metoprolol 50 mg (a beta blocker) as well as Ramipril and my BP is slowly reducing.
    I tried 4 other brands of BP medication before Ramipril and they didn't suit me, mainly dizziness & nausea so I'm more than happy that Ramipril & Metoprolol are working. redadair https://www.redadair.com
    THese are the type which you can easily be captured toward the best possible side effects