Thread: Esa wca assessment

Esa wca assessment

HI friends
    Had my ESA medical couple weeks ago .I am presently in the support group since 2015 .
    My first 'medical ' was over an hr ,this time it was just fifteen minutes long.The assessor saw my care plan and self harm cuts and said after fifteen minutes i think i have enough information now and said if you receive another ESA50 again please send all your infomration in.My doctor sent one page and didnt help at all.My mental health unit gave me copies of everything .Is this a goo thing or not .It was also a recorded assessment .
    Im already suffering extreeme anxiety at the moment,
    Any thoughts welcome.I wasnt asked anything ,no questions,number etc ,spell this or that .

Justice77

It's good to hear your mental health team gave you copies of everything for your claim. Those of us who have mental health problems, perhaps alongside physical disabilities do seem by the very nature of our illness more tortured by the assessment process.

I understand your anxiety and was pleased you had your assessment recorded, ensuring everything you said about how you are effected
    Was captured.
    I would take a positive view that you were not put through pointless spelling or counting questions needlessly.

Good luck.

Justice77

It's good to hear your mental health team gave you copies of everything for your claim. Those of us who have mental health problems, perhaps alongside physical disabilities do seem by the very nature of our illness more tortured by the assessment process.

I understand your anxiety and was pleased you had your assessment recorded, ensuring everything you said about how you are effected was captured.
    I would take a positive view that you were not put through pointless spelling or counting questions needlessly.

Good luck.

Thank you it means a lot.Just wondered if the time duration being so short was anything to be worried over .I called up today to ask for the ESA85 and it had only been received by DM on friday 20 th when i had assesment on the 11 Jan.. was under the impresssion i could ask and receive the assessors report a day or even two days after..any help would be appreciated and thanks again friend

You can request the assessor's report after it has been received by DWP. That can be within a couple of days of assessment, but can be quite a bit longer if the assessor has a heavy workload and takes more time to write up and send the report.

thanks Noisynoodle .Have you heard of such ESA assessments being so short before.He basically asked me about slef harm,motivation and that was about it ,,as i say in and out in fifteen minutes

DWP wont send out the ESA report until after the decision.