Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Lost tribunal due to so many flaws cant carry on anymore

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Lost tribunal due to so many flaws cant carry on anymore

    firstly my wife was on dla low rate on both mobility and care perminant,Due to the new pip she had to be reassessed during this time i could not get any evidence for the assessment due to waiting lists for my wifes neurologist also opthamolagist she recieved zero points so within the timescale that they gave i had to make the mandatory reconsideration but this to was within the time i could not get the evidence so obviously they gave the same reward 0 points,then to the fact i raised the issue with the tribunal board which in fairness they accepted the date came i managed to get all the evidence to them before the tribunal i also had a representative NOW here is whare everything went wrong my wife myself and the representative went to the tribunal everything went fine until we had the dicision which then i picked up on the mistake my representative had only asked the tribunal to look at a few of the descriptors and not the whole thing which to be fair the descriptors that the tribunal looked at they awarded full points but just these discriptors didnt get enough points for the care component but was awarded the full points to get the low rate mobility on just one of the of the discriptors that was looked at.My wife is registered serverely sighted she also as intercranial hypotention which she has a brain shunt since she lost her award for dla due to the pip i have tried to balance the money to keep the car on the road as she needs this to get to appoinments ect and to get out and obout in the meanime by robbing peter to save paul during the time we have got into serious debt with rent and other issues which now we cannot pay my wife has given up she is now housbound as she cant use public transport so at the end of the day i cannot get her to her appointments sort out the rent and cannot re apply for pip as she was awarded the low mobility component which obvioulsy is not enough to keep the car on the road or catch up with the bills i put off during the process to keep my wife mobile i had no other option i do not know what to do now i feel so low as i cant do anymore and the pip was needed to ensure my wife could live some sort of life but now she is non stop crying i cannot sleep i cant stop thinking of everything going round and round in my head its now burning me out as i cannot cope myself as my wifes carer the stress is way to much to cope with as it is for my wife i do not know what to do anymore im getting worst day by day as my wifes mental structure is doing the same i have tried my best for my wife but situation now is unbearable i also suffer from anxiety and depression and have tried tried my best looking after my wife and doing everything i can is there anyone out there that can give me some light at the end of this tunnel my wife is just sitting there now crying alot and wont talk much i do not know what to do someone please HELP thats all i ask if there is anyone out there that can give some kind of branch

  2. #2
    I can't help but after reading your post felt I couldn't not comment. Somehow you have to stay focused maybe speak to CAB you need someone to help with each individual problem.

  3. #3
    Senior Member deebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Do you have a branch of crossroads locally
    Their full name is crossroads carers support
    They do what it says on the tin,,is support carers
    They can help you with a full benefit check,and with putting in a new claim,plus a whole load of other stuff
    You do not need to be in receipt of carers allowance to use their services
    You might not even have considered the fact that you are a carer,which indeed your post shows you to be
    Tell them exactly what you wrote here

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    South Lanarkshire
    Hi jmurray....deebee is spot on with crossroads carers can also find them online if you google them. Good luck and chin up...there is help out there if you look for it. Hope you get on okay pet.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    sorry to hear this jmurray, is your wife getting ESA and is she in support group? Are you in social or council housing or private, you can claim housing rebate if you aren't already. You need outside help as deebee said try crossroads or CAB, ring debtline. Your rent and council tax is most important to pay debtline can send you standard letters to copy and send to the people you owe money to if you offer to pay a pound a month till the benefits are sorted a lot of places will accept that. CAB will be able to tell you about reapplying for the care side and any other benefits you can apply for goodluck i hope you can get the help you need

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Yes: this is a very sad situation you find yourself in, but you can and must 'carry on', as everyone here indicates you need the hands on help of a qualified benefits adviser. There are numerous organisations that can help with all the various issues you have and once you get this help it will do much to relieve the pressure you are under.

    Read this link it can help to find professional help in your area:

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    I know it's difficult but you cannot let the system get to you. Your GP should be able to guide you, but in the meantime call MIND or any other mental health organisations that can assist in getting you the support you need. Try for advice, you can call them, although you may have to redial a few times. Also check your local council's website, some of them have designated support teams that help people in your situation. Check if your wife qualifies for dial a ride, as that could help getting her to appointments. Also are you aware of Direct Payments? Best of luck!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hi jmurray,

    So very sorry to read your post, and the terrible situation you find yourself in.

    As others have advised you need support. I suggest you try AgeUk as well. They help many people and hopefully there is one close to you. Your local library (if still open) might have a list of charities who could help your wife get to appointments too.

    Good luck, Nina

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Sorry about your claim. Has your wife now seen her neuroligist etc? If so can you can put in a new claim with new evidence if you can get letters from consultants. I know this wont help immediately but there could be another chance.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Stig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Try getting on to your local welfare rights department . Telephone your council offices and ask about welfare rights they should point you in the right direction to get the helpyou need also contact your local social services dept

Similar Threads

  1. Lost my tribunal
    By scarletspy in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26-09-18, 14:07
  2. PIP Tribunal lost and current award lost
    By bell6182 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-09-15, 22:10
  3. Lost my tribunal for pip can i re apply now?
    By cyberfruits in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-07-15, 09:10
  4. Tribunal refusal for ESA what can i do now....So lost
    By oopsydaisy in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-05-14, 15:36
  5. lost my appeal at tribunal
    By robg7 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-12-13, 12:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts