Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA- No F2F Required, what result am i likely to get?

Question ESA- No F2F Required, what result am i likely to get?

Hi to all,

I'm diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder & Bipolar Affective Disorder. I've been in the support group for the past year and my re-asesssment began on the 2nd october when the ESA50 hit my doormat...

BUT, like last year, i did not need to attend a f2f 'medical'. Does this mean ill be placed into the support group again or can they WRAG you without a medical? i Do self harm and this was mentioned multiple times throughout psychiatric nurse reports and CAB covering letter, and of course the ESA50. CDHA (Maximus in my area) told me that they sent for for doctors evidence (ESA113) Shortly after, they tell me they dont need to see me and my files returned back to the DWP.

Any takers on what im likely to get? MY CAB advisor told me he spoke to someone at DWP the other day who advised its looking like a 3 year support group award? how could the DWP Advisor know this information if a DM hasn't made a decision yet?

Many thanks!

Highly likely a f2f isn't needed as you have enough evidence to place you within the support group.
    If not, you would have good grounds to appeal any decision that doesn't go your way as they have not given you a f2f assessment and a chance to explain yourself.

Please don't worry, these are almost always positive results.

Quote Originally Posted by cookmysock View Post
    Highly likely a f2f isn't needed as you have enough evidence to place you within the support group.
    If not, you would have good grounds to appeal any decision that doesn't go your way as they have not given you a f2f assessment and a chance to explain yourself.

Please don't worry, these are almost always positive results.
    Many thanks for your response so you think im looking at a support group award? the only thing you said that worries me is that you said they're 'almost always positive'. so i take from that, that you can be wragged even though they haven't seen you, so like you said, an unfair decision. Just dreading being placed into WRAG as I CANNOT get into a public space without support, and my anxiety has left me isolated, again this was heavily noted by my CPN in her reports?

Also, does your doctor get notified whenever you get admitted into A & E for things like self harm and OD? and would they use regulation 35?

Sorry for the long post but its nice to get some reassurance =/

I only say all most always positive as I can not guarantee anything when it comes to the DWP. I personally haven't heard of any instances in which someone hasn't had a face to face and been put in WRAG. It doesn't mean it doesn't happen though. Someone here on this very forum may well have had it happened to them, though.
    I've only heard of cases where someone has been awarded support group without the need for a face to face. To me it wouldn't make sense to place someone in WRAG without speaking to them first. It seems clear you have met the criteria for support group and they clearly didn't feel the need to waste their time speaking to you. Just don't take what I say as gospel. Also, Maximus do not like to do home visits, so if they feel that your condition is such that you can't get to an assessment centre how could they expect you to work or attend WRAG?

I'm not sure if your doctor is made aware of things like that. Every time I have been admitted to hospital with my illness I have gone and seen him afterwards and told him about it. Whether he had it on record already I'm not sure. I don't think they do.

If you have been admitted to hospital then when you are discharged your GP practice will always be sent a copy of your discharge notes, and usually a covering letter.

A & E is slightly different, because (unless they transfer you to a ward) you are not 'admitted' so you are not 'discharged' and there may not be any discharge notes.
    Your visit will be logged on your medical records but your GP may not always be informed specifically, especially if no follow up treatment will be needed.

I would have thought though that if you went with self-harm or an OD then they would have a duty of care to inform your GP - for our own future care.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks to all who have replied! Cannot thank you enough for the advice! Any input with regards to length of award? Like I said earlier my CAB worker mentioned he spoke to the DWP who advised him of a 3 year award, is it possible that the advisor could see the ESA85A? I've asked them for the ESA85A but no one seems to know what on is? :/

It's impossible to say when it comes to DWP decision makers unfortunately. The saying, "How long is a piece of string?" Comes to mind. It all depends on who you get that day and how their feeling it seems. There is no definite guidelines.
    There is going to be a change at some point this year where they start giving awards to claimants who have a chronic illness but when that actually comes into force is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cookmysock View Post
    It's impossible to say when it comes to DWP decision makers unfortunately. The saying, "How long is a piece of string?" Comes to mind. It all depends on who you get that day and how their feeling it seems. There is no definite guidelines.
    There is going to be a change at some point this year where they start giving awards to claimants who have a chronic illness but when that actually comes into force is anyone's guess.
    Can't thank you enough mate! So basically it's just a matter of playing the waiting game to see if a decision has been made as to whether I remain in the support group? I'm dreading the result of WRAG as my mental health literally could not handle that pressure right now, also th fact that I need a support worker to go into public places atm, it doesn't bode well with me that I could be placed in WRAG without a f2f :/

Quick update ; I spoke to my CAB advisor who told me that you cannnot be placed into WRAG without an assessment, so that's a relief if true! Now just have to wait for the decision to be rubber stamped by a DM. DWP told me it's in the 'scoring phase' and to stop calling haha!

I'm sorry but your CAB advisor is wrong.

I think they are getting mixed up with (you can't be found fit for work without attending an assessment).

you can be assessed on the information in and with your ESA50, or at an assessment and placed in WRAG or SG.