Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHS chair .. self modifications at your peril?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
    It's an invacare self propelled and seemingly it's the lightest one available! Oh gosh yea I get that constantly and "how is it possible" I'm paralysed not stupid lol, have you seen that bionic wheelchair that's raises you and puts you in a standing position? Yes contact your MP I believe there's just not enough being done for wheelchair users and the state of road kerbs by the local council is terrible!
    I get occasionally "Oh poor lassie" from elderly people who are talking when I go past. They try to speak quietly but are really loud. Also I get things like "woah... watch out... mind yerself... when I approach a group of people even though I'm miles away!
    If I hear the speeding ticket joke one more time I swear I might be tempted to run someone over!!!!!
    Arrrgh!!!

Haha if I catch anyone looking at me I offer to sit while they do a portrait of me, there faces are priceless!

Ideally you'd have more than one wheelchair in case one breaks down & it takes the NHS months to repair it.

e-bay is a good source of second hand powerchairs but you'll need to do a lot of research before knowing what anything is worth, it's also a source of spare parts.

As for modifying your existing chair, it sounds so simple, but it would mean a different joystick & controller that could control the extra mechanisms, that isn't going to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
    Haha if I catch anyone looking at me I offer to sit while they do a portrait of me, there faces are priceless!
    Excellent!!!!! Thanks will definitely consider that one!!!
    Just call me Rasy

Thread closed. Thanks for all the replies.
    Just call me Rasy