Thread: requesting PIP PA4 and SAR help

requesting PIP PA4 and SAR help

i now have my assessment coming up and just need to know who do i contact for the PA4 report?

is there an email address where i can send the request for the PA4 or do i send the request via local job center?

and how soon after assessment or interrogation do i make the request for a SAR?

any advice appreciated.

You can request for it now and as soon as it comes in they will send it to you however make sure you nake a note of when yiu called and request it as for a sar request that takes upto 40 days for the dwp to respond with all the information however u dont need to write to ask for it u can just call and ask however i would strongly suggest you also follow up your telephone request with a letter also and send it recorded signed for that way you have them over a barrel shoukd they fail to comply

You contact DWP on their PIP number for the PA4. This can be done a day or two after your assessment. If they've already had the report they should send it out fairly quickly. If they haven't got it they'll put a note on their system to send it when they receive it, this is what happened with mine and I received it three days later.

I'm not sure about SAR. I would suggest waiting until you have your award letter as you'll know that if you request it then you should get all the information that they have used for the decision. You might not need it at all if you get the result you're hoping for.

I hope your assessment isn't as bad as you seem to be expecting. Mine wasn't bad at all, far better than I'd expected. Reading the report afterwards was harder as it was only then that I realised the assessor hadn't understood my condition as well as she appeared to during the assessment. There's no point worrying about that during the assessment though. A different assessor with an identical assessment could have understood and written a perfect report for me.

You don't need a full Subject Access Request just to get your PA4 report, or any other recent report.

Just telephone the PIP line and ask for it, I'd say give it about a week after your assessment.

An SAR is about requesting historical information that they hold on you, on any benefits you have ever claimed, recent stuff like an assessment report does not need one.

Another reason not to do it as a SAR- They have 40 days to provide the information requested in a SAR, which is longer than the 30 days you have to lodge a request for MR if needed.

If anyone does want to do a SAR to get older records then you don't have to use any particular form, just send the authority/business a letter.
    However the DWP do have their own form(s) which may help speed up a SAR request:
    DWP SAR forms
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

many thanks for clearing things up for me.

i will request the pa4 straight after the assessment and then wait for the decision before doing anything else.

ty