Thread: PIP evidence

PIP evidence

Hi,

Could i get someone's opinion on this. I have been told that you can send in letters from friends/family that care for you as evidence in PIP claim for Mental Health but to be honest i can't believe that they will take too much notice of this seeing as they are close to you. They could say they might lie for you. What are your thoughts on this. Is there any point?

Thanks

Hello heelme

My husband wrote a letter stating how he helps me and what I need help with that are not part of the PIP descriptors. Much of my help scores nothing for PIP but without it I really couldn't cope.

I don't know if it was of any benefit as I still had to go to a tribunal to be awarded PiP standard care.

If you do get letters from family and friends, don't complete your PIP2 until you receive them. They may bring up things that you take for granted and dismiss.

Yes, you can include letters from anyone who supports you, do you have corrospondence from your GP too? Once the information relates and backs up what you wrote on the application form that's all that matters.

Hi.

My application for PIp was a long process of also going through to the appeal. Whilst everyone experiences are different in regards to PIP, I am not so sure about whether evidence from friends and family are a good thing.

I had not spoken to my mother for 5 years and I needed help with my application and at the MR stage, her input didn't change any single thing. I got the same points. She wrote a letter in which she wanted to be helpful, but felt as if she had to answer every single question and try and get me points everywhere, it didn't help.

If I was you, I would get letters from people you are in touch with regular who help and care for you. But be careful of what they say or in my case (as I did for my Dad) write the letter for yourself, see if they agree and get them to sign it.

I wish you the best of luck.

it is a good idea to talk to your family and friends, if you can, before completeing PIP2. We all have coping mechanisms in place and so, often dismiss things that we take for granted. Your family and friends may well notice the little things that are important even if they don't say anything. Sometimes it can be hard or embarassing to open up and talk about this stuff, but you need to bring your best game to your application.