Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Badge experiences: The Good, The Bad and the Ulgy!

Raspberry Ripple is usually cockney for "nipple" - as in "I can see your raspberries".

brightonbelle
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer69 View Post
    And TY, BB, know all you say is correct, and to be honest, have many times bit my tongue, save on that 1 occasion. You never know how you are going to be treated, especially after news report, sometime ago, but where BB holder remonstrated with non BB holder, which resulted in disabled being punched (am sure ending was even worse, but can't confirm from memory). There needs to be stronger rules and regs. Anyway, rant over.

I'd rather there were parking firms overseeing supermarket car parks......they might only be issuing penalty notices (not fines), but its better than Crapco or Tossco's doing sod all.

They don't even need to employ someone to go around ticketing...just catch it all on cctv....like they do when you overstay by 1 minute because your in the queue to get out

I had a friend on the customer service desk at Tossco's. One busy day I let her know of a problem. She does the tannoy announcement "will the owner of the black bmw registration number (KN0 B1am ) please come to the service desk immediately". Up rushes the owner thinking her precious has been damaged or something.....for my friend to announce in front of the vast queue that she has forgotten to display her blue badge.

my names BB, I'm a dobber and proud.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by keithl View Post
    Raspberry Ripple is usually cockney for "nipple" - as in "I can see your raspberries".
    Ah maybe so but not in the disabled community! The term Raspberry Ripple does indeed mean cripple. If you don't believe me just Google "Raspberry Ripple sticker" (Raspberry Ripple on board" I have this on my wheelchair. I first heard this term around 10 years ago on BBC ouch podcast.
    Just call me Rasy

If only......

Even just for 1 day....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1477.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	1791
    Just call me Rasy

Quote Originally Posted by CrippledLassie View Post
    Ah maybe so but not in the disabled community! The term Raspberry Ripple does indeed mean cripple. If you don't believe me just Google "Raspberry Ripple sticker" (Raspberry Ripple on board" I have this on my wheelchair. I first heard this term around 10 years ago on BBC ouch podcast.
    Yes, I googled "cockney raspberry ripple" and both terms came up.

I remember seeing an interview with Madonna a few years back. As you know, she is no stranger to flashing her bits. The interview was shortly after she split from whichever of her ex-husbands was a Londoner, and she said that he was always on at her for wearing tops that "showed her raspberries".

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    \
    The new parking act which is due to go through the Scottish parliament this session, me put the fear of death up some drivers.
    Ones through, it will be illegal to leave or any part of a vehicle on a pavement, penalty being three points and £60 fine for every wheel over the Kerbline. I also believe that large organisations such as Asda and Tesco will be required to police disabled parking bays
    Do with something like that across the whole UK.

I often wonder what these careless drivers think they are achieving parking partly over the pavement because in 90% of cases it does not leave the carriageway free for two-way traffic.

The only thing I can think of for a reason is that they themselves are such bad drivers they feel the need to make more room on the carriage because they feel they would need more room to get by when, in most cases, a normal driver would have no problems getting past.

Ones through, it will be illegal to leave or any part of a vehicle on a pavement, penalty being three points and £60 fine for every wheel over the Kerbline. I also believe that large organisations such as Asda and Tesco will be required to police disabled parking bays
    I think that's brilliant - I hope England follows suit.

Not only do I have that to contend with around here, but also lazy householders who allow their trees and bushes to grow out and cover half the pavement. As our pavements are only just wide enough for a wheelchair in most places, I tend to ride mainly in the road.

\
    The new parking act which is due to go through the Scottish parliament this session, me put the fear of death up some drivers.
    That's great for us here in Scotland especially in the busy city centres.
    I got forced onto the road yesterday because a delivery driver parked on the pavement. I spoke to him and he appogised profusely. I asked him to consider his parking in the future and he said he would.
    He seemed really understanding.
    Just call me Rasy

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    I think that's brilliant - I hope England follows suit.

Not only do I have that to contend with around here, but also lazy householders who allow their trees and bushes to grow out and cover half the pavement. As our pavements are only just wide enough for a wheelchair in most places, I tend to ride mainly in the road.
    Overgrown trees, bushes and hedges that obstruct the pavement can be reported to the council who will usually go out and check, then write to the said occupant telling them to get it cut back and if they don't they will get a fine.
    I am in the same position, very narrow pavements with overgrown greenery but it is not safe for me to use the road. My first port of call is the householder and politely ask them to cut it back pointing out the problem. If I get abuse or it isn't done then I report it to the council.
    That works, nobody wants to pay a fine.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    My first port of call is the householder and politely ask them to cut it back pointing out the problem. If I get abuse or it isn't done then I report it to the council. That works, nobody wants to pay a fine.
    I'm really pleased that you've had success doing this. I've tried, but just get an apology followed by nothing ever being done. I shall take your advice and start writing to the council. I've already taken pictures of the worst offenders with a note of the address, so I've already got somewhere to start. I would get a warm glowing feeling inside if they were forced to fix it.