Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Blue Badge experiences: The Good, The Bad and the Ulgy!

Quote Originally Posted by CrippledLassie View Post
    Have you seen this programme that was shown on ITV a while ago?

Notice how lenient they are with the older lady for misusing her sisters blue badge - what are your thoughts?

https://youtu.be/rt-OhN6FQzk
    Personally I do not care unless spaces are full of course, I rarely see disabled car parks full.

The reason I dont care, is I am not fussy about what other people do, I am not a judgemental person, its been judgemental that causes the problems of people trying to judge disabled people e.g. if you have an invisible disability you may be judged to be abusing a blue badge or benefit fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    Personally I do not care unless spaces are full of course, I rarely see disabled car parks full.

The reason I dont care, is I am not fussy about what other people do, I am not a judgemental person, its been judgemental that causes the problems of people trying to judge disabled people e.g. if you have an invisible disability you may be judged to be abusing a blue badge or benefit fraud.
    So not judgemental but perhaps selfish and self centred? I am bothered about what others do if it affects others negatively, so should you be.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post

Interesting Post but I wonder if you would say the same under different circumstances. By that I mean the circumstances that we have in our town.

Disabled parking in town is restricted to 2, I repeat, two Disabled Bays out side the Chemist. 9 times out of 10 if you require to park in one of them they will be full and not by Disabled Drivers either. Anyone and everyone park in them and it is rare occurance to a car parked in one of the Disabled Bays with a Blue Badge.

In our main Supermarket carpark, the carpark is owned by the council, there are only 3, yes only three Disabled Parking Bays and are always full during the day. Again there are very full of drivers who do not display any Blue Badge. There are two other Supermarkets in town and they suffer the same way even if they do have 6 Disabled Parking Bays.

I hear you ask the question, why not get a Traffic Warden or the Police to sort the problem. Well for a start we have NO Traffic Warden at all and have not for several years. We did have One Traffic Warden several Years ago but he had to cover three towns and it was almost like having no Traffic Warden at all. As the the Police they just say that Parking is not their problem and refuse to do anything about it.

I wonder if you would be disinterested if you could never get Parked in a Disabled Bay and that every time you required to visit the Chemist for your Prescription you had to park Several hundred yards away because a Workman is sitting in his van eating while parked in the Disabled Bay you you require.

So where you live there maybe a plethera of Disabled Bays but in most towns there are not enough and every day you have a real job to find one close to where you require to go to. ie the chemist or to just do some shopping for food. Would you be so Non-Judgemental then I wonder.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

The disabled bays are there for a reason, recently I have noticed blue badge holders using parent and child bays as far as I am concerned this is not own, parents need these spaces for safely of the baby's and infants.
    I have suffered a Traumatic Subachnoid Brain Haemorrhage several years ago, I do struggle to understand quite simple as well as long postings and can be appear to be quite blunt or rude in my post it is not intentional, it is very difficult to find the right word to explain, it is just part of my condition, please except my apologise in advance, due to my injury I am also very sensitive.

Well given I am disabled I very rarely go out, the chemist deliver my tablets, why would a disabled person go to the council offices?

But when a family member took me out for a drive last month, we went to some places that had disabled parking and most spaces were empty.

But yeah if you finding them always full I understand why you not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarmax View Post
    The disabled bays are there for a reason, recently I have noticed blue badge holders using parent and child bays as far as I am concerned this is not own, parents need these spaces for safely of the baby's and infants.
    Hubby has been known to park in those bays if there are plenty empty. Failing that and there are no blue badge spaces available he parks across 2 standard bays and I put my badge in. The reason for that is because I cannot get out of the car in a normal sized bay and my walker won't fit between cars anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Hubby has been known to park in those bays if there are plenty empty. Failing that and there are no blue badge spaces available he parks across 2 standard bays and I put my badge in. The reason for that is because I cannot get out of the car in a normal sized bay and my walker won't fit between cars anyway.
    If there are no disable spaces like you I will park out of the way and us 2 spaces and display my badge, the majority of the time I stay in the car and park up out of the way, I don't do shops.

PS I do like your dog we have 2 miniature schnauzers Oscar and Max
    Last edited by Oscarmax; 12-05-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    I have suffered a Traumatic Subachnoid Brain Haemorrhage several years ago, I do struggle to understand quite simple as well as long postings and can be appear to be quite blunt or rude in my post it is not intentional, it is very difficult to find the right word to explain, it is just part of my condition, please except my apologise in advance, due to my injury I am also very sensitive.

A large shopping park near where we live have disabled on one side and parent and children on the other, speaking to the parking attendant I asked if there were no bb spaces but p&c, could I use them? The answer was yes I can use p&c if bb is full, but they can’t use bb if p&c is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarmax View Post
    PS I do like your dog we have 2 miniature schnauzers Oscar and Max
    Thank you she is a beardie crossed with a Jack Russel we think because she is not as big as a beardie. She was a dog on the verge of being sent to a rescue as she wasn't wanted anymore at 18 months old. She had been treated cruelly, her actions told it's own story.
    That is a young photo. She is 15 1/2 now with heart problems, arthritis and losing her sight. She still loves her walk, albeit short and slow and can eat for England if you let her.
    When I became disabled after a SAH she gave me the will to live. Now is payback time.
    My sister has a miniature schnauzer, mad as a hatter.

Quote Originally Posted by spencer69 View Post
    Don't know if certain areas are worse, but north west, those who abuse disabled parking spaces, so blatant & without care for authority (whatever that maybe!).

Recall parking in BB space Asda car park, near entrance & also close to ATM cash machines...(you know what's coming). A BB space was empty to my left having just been vacated & I noticed a small hatchback, driving the wrong way against the 1 way directional arrows and park in empty BB space. It was the fact that car had approached driving against direction arrows that caught my attention.

I waited to see if it was a BB holder, not because it was a young woman early to mid 20's. She leapt out of car and straight to cash machine, no blue badge. At this point, angered, as other people looking for BB spaces, I got out of car with pretence of 'sorting boot'. I think she knew I was about to say something as she turned around from cash machine back to her car. I used the premise saying to her that car park has recently seen wardens walking around (there are the normal signs around advising of fines for misuse of BB spaces) & that she may have forgotten her BB. Immediatley, she replied, that she didn't have a BB, as she didn't need one, doing a little jig as she informed me, followed up with the comment, that there was nothing I or anybody could do anything about it. Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate

At this point, I replied that BB spaces are not here for her banking convenience, to which again, came the response, 'for me, yes it is'!

When you're up against this, really does enrage that there is nothing we can really do about this fact, especially when dealing with disabled spaces is supermarket car parks, are law is different. Just wish rules and regs could be changed, in our favour, for once
    !
    coool thank you bro for all this explications
    Last edited by klimbo; 02-20-2019 at 06:51 AM.