Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford Galaxy 2.0TDCi Titanium X 5dr

Perhaps you could update please.

The Galaxy is a nice car all round. The gear change is really smooth and it handles well, especially in the recent ice & snow. It is very roomy inside.there is loads of storage space in the interior and especially in the massive boot. We keep the rear two seats folded flat most of the time which makes for loads of shopping space at the back. The heater took a while to work out and it does take a while for the blowers to produce hot air but we've found that with all our diesel cars. Having said that, the MAX button switches the front & rear screen and overtaking mirror heaters on and directs the blowers on to the screen so visibility is great within seconds. We do have heated seats which is a great benefit in this cold weather. The AP was a lot of money but we will be keeping this car for 5 years all being well. The car picks up our mobiles without a problem. The sensors on the car do tend to err on the cautious side but it is a good feature when reversing towards a wall! The rear view camera is also a boon especially when reversing out of car park spaces and people come perilously close to the car. The automatic boot opener is great too but one needs to take care that nobody is passing the rear of the car before using it. The GPS system is accurate though at the moment the voice announcements are hit & miss. Sorry this is a bit disjointed but if anyone has specific questions I can try to answer.

Teri

Quote Originally Posted by Number7 View Post
    The Ford Galaxy 2.0TDCi uses a twin clutch gearbox therefore the automatic gear changes should be smooth as silk.

Excellent choice IMO, the only downside is heavy depreciation - which shouldn't bother a Motability customer.
    I agree with the heavy depreciation and the rest of it in that case but what I dont get then is wny the deposits are so high then in the first place!!!

I'm at the point of changing my car and getting a Motabiity lease hire car.

I need a good size hatchback that can take a wheelchair hoist.

I've short listed the Citroen C4 Grand Picasso and Ford S-Max

The automatic hatch opening sounds good but if you need to waft your foot under the bumper bar to open/close hatch I might not be able to move backwards without getting hit. Alternatively there's a button on the arch lid which is an arms length away above my head that I couldn't reach as my good arm would be holding my elbow crutch.

The adaptations team couldn't relocate an opening or closing feature.

I know some, have the ability to open and close using the keyfob, from reviews I have seen, but off the top of my head apart from XC40 review which was watched this morning cannot think of others at the moment. When the cogs mesh in the head I'll get back to you, keep meaning to keep a log of features I see which would help me, but haven't got round to it yet.

I know the XC40 is not on the scheme by the way, but the boot, though the overall capacity is not too bad, it did from the look on the video, a bit short and narrow. Though the driver did show back seats, and did look like my folding wheelchair would fit behind me, when I'm in driving position, in drivers seat (5'9) by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by mzmps View Post
    I know some, have the ability to open and close using the keyfob, from reviews I have seen, but off the top of my head apart from XC40 review which was watched this morning cannot think of others at the moment. When the cogs mesh in the head I'll get back to you, keep meaning to keep a log of features I see which would help me, but haven't got round to it yet.

I know the XC40 is not on the scheme by the way, but the boot, though the overall capacity is not too bad, it did from the look on the video, a bit short and narrow. Though the driver did show back seats, and did look like my folding wheelchair would fit behind me, when I'm in driving position, in drivers seat (5'9) by the way.
    Motability has said the XC40 should join the scheme in 2nd Quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    I'm at the point of changing my car and getting a Motabiity lease hire car.

I need a good size hatchback that can take a wheelchair hoist.

I've short listed the Citroen C4 Grand Picasso and Ford S-Max

The automatic hatch opening sounds good but if you need to waft your foot under the bumper bar to open/close hatch I might not be able to move backwards without getting hit. Alternatively there's a button on the arch lid which is an arms length away above my head that I couldn't reach as my good arm would be holding my elbow crutch.

The adaptations team couldn't relocate an opening or closing feature.
    I don't know about the S-Max but my Galaxy key fob also has a button to open and close the boot. You just click the button twice.
    We had a Grand Picasso prior to the Ford Galaxy and it was also a very nice, roomy car but the auto gearbox was not as smooth as the Ford is.

Teri
    Last edited by Teri; 03-18-2018 at 07:19 PM.