Thread: Here we go again . . .

Here we go again . . .

I had my PIP re-assessment through a few days ago; they want another F2F.

I called them and they have agreed to a home visit - a letter of confirmation came this morning.

However, my ESA re-assessment came through with it this morning with the date a few days after the PIP one. I shall call and request a home visit from them on Monday.

What gets me is the waste. Why on Earth don't they get their acts together and have one department talk to the other? It's crazy having to do it this way.

I'm in a wheelchair and cannot move far away from a toilet for more than a few minutes. They know this as I have had several home visits for both PIP and ESA in the past.

Do they really think that I have suddenly had a miraculous cure?

Sorry, no need to comment - I'm just having a rant. It's all just so unnecessary.

Hi Sky, Really feel for you as know many do. It is truly an absolute waste of time, money, stress, worry, concern and completely unnecessary in your, and many others circumstances. Unfortunately, as we know, DWP/ATOS/Capita/Maximus (CHDA), will simply return with soundbites that PIP ad ESA are differing benefits with differing criteria etc etc etc, along with the other beauty that everybody needs to be re-assessed blah blah blah. However, the cynical 'few' amongst us, know only too well....(ahem, maybe the 'few' who have suspicions), that due to the outsourcing and payment structure, is 'part' of the reason for the re-assessments!

As ever, current govt (sshhhh you know who) in order in attempt to placate those parties in opposition, not just Labour, keep responding with what they think they want us to hear (to keep their voters happy), with ideas such as 'we are looking at joining both assessments ESA & PIP resulting in less re-assessment'...and the other new 1, those with severe chronic conditions will be looked at and not have to go through re-assessments etc etc etc...But, and the big BUT, is it those coming up with these platitudes are taking their time in doing so!

And, you keep ranting, nobody is going to stop you and big plus, we all agree with you! Take care and hope your venting has released a little stress :-)))

Hi Sky
    No wonder you are fuming!!!!!!
    I agree why in earth they can't just combine the two into a single assessment?
    I'm on HRM & HRC of DLA so for me I'm going to wait until I'm "invited" / forced to apply but something occurred to me after reading your post: Just my luck for ESA to want to reassess at the same time - never had an F2F for that in 6 years or DLA in 15 years.

I struggle to get around my tiny house in my heavy tank of a chair (chair weighs more than me) I'm always crashing into walls and breaking things (My previous OT told me my house isn't really made for someone with my level of disability even though it's special housing!) so for me I hope I can go to an assessment centre to get out the house. When the time comes for PIP as I can drive myself there.

Thanks Spencer; you're absolutely right.

No need for thanks, Sky. Sending massive Hugs and XXX's (kisses, not 'triple x')!

Sky, i hope you get on ok with your assessments it can't be easy having both at the same time in such short spaces of time, on the other hand fingers crossed you get the 2 brown letters the same day ) obviously this post won't get on here till Monday due to all my posts being moderated, think it's back to B&W forum

Thanks Blastoff.

I seem to have been quite lucky so far, it's only the occasional one that gets held up. It's always the ones that need to go in straight away though - a delay is very frustrating.

Huh - spoke too soon. That post just went in . . .

I have heard this to with a government department, being told someone would call me and they don't. Luckily, it was chased and they got their fingers out. For ESA, if things do get held up ask the Job Centre to chase them for you, sometimes they can progress things for you.