Thread: Humour: The crazy things that people say to us...

Talking Humour: The crazy things that people say to us...

Thought this would be ideal for posting some of the funny and ridiculous comments that have been said to disabled people.

I have had so many I could write a book.

Patronising, funny, hilarious, silly, insane and ridiculous.

Wouldn't it be great to get your own back by turning things around and treating the unassuming public in the same way?

Me: "Oh excuse me madam, can I ask you? are you a full time walker?"
    Me: "Really? That so inspirational..."

Me: "You won't mind if I watch you get into your car will you? It's just I know someone who is just like you..."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1550.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	1799
    Last edited by CrippledLassie; 09-04-17 at 12:34.

Ha! Brilliant. Can't wait to see that jpg is about...know ing your sense of humour, CL! Talk about parallel universe.

My favourite is when you go somewhere like the doctor's or dentist's and after reporting in the receptionist says; 'Thank you, please take a seat.' and then blushes as they realise what they said. If they don't realise or blush, I normally say 'I have one thank you.'

The one I always get when I tell people about my IH is:

"I wish I could sleep for 2 or 3 days at a time like that".

(I've even had a jobcenter 'work coach' say it).

NO you don't!
    Put your brain in gear for a minute and stop being bloody stupid.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I have a friend who is completely paralysed from the neck down but has very slight, and I mean slight use of one thumb. Everything is voice controlled. She was told by a phone jockey at DWP that because she could use a computer she was fit to work. What a laugh, lifelong condition, how stupid can some people get. Good job she saw the funny side of it.

At Tesco today. I got a typical stare of disapproval from a young person who clearly thought I shouldn't be using a disabled parking space. Usual story judging before I was even out of the car. Glad she saw me in my chair once I was in the store. Her face was priceless!!

I was doing my weekly shop which is usually a small basket full which I carry on my lap. I like to use the express lane where you scan and pack the items YOURSELF. When I joined the non existent queue there were several free tills so I took my pick. The assistant spoke kindly and asked if I needed any help. I said no thanks but just if you could put the bags on the back of my chair that would be great.
    Just as I was about to put the basket on the shelf she grabbed it from me and plonked down and said "there you are." Oh ok thanks!
    Happily packing in my slow but steady way an older lady who was now standing in the queue that had formed was clearly impatient at my slow packing marched over and lifted up my bag that was slightly leaning over and proceeded to tidy my bag. She then asked if I needed help and again I said "thanks but I can manage by myself". She disappeared!

It's really sweet that people want to help but sometimes it's just not needed.
    So what if I'm slow!!!!

Disabled people shopping alone? Whatever next?!
    Last edited by CrippledLassie; 10-04-17 at 17:38.
    Just call me Rasy

I know people stare because I am large and hobble. Like I said in the other post, bitch across the way saw me hobbling to close the gate and she was in her car behind be. She asked me to get a move on as she was in a hurry.

I dislike her passionately.

Why do people talk loud and slow when I ask for help shopping? I have problems with reaching..........not hearing!

Maybe they have a speech impediment!