Thread: Mandatory reconsideration for PIP - worth seeing a Private GP?

Mandatory reconsideration for PIP - worth seeing a Private GP?

My student advice service have suggested I get extra evidence to back up my form.

I can't get a GP appointment long enough to go through things with them (I need clarification on 6 different conditions, and any GP letter, because they're are all chronic and I can't be doing with bothering them except for my breathing, will just be diagnoses and maybe a visit history), and certainly not before the MR time is up.

Is it worth contacting a private GP, with whom I can have a long talk about symptoms and experiences? Yes, it'll cost but if I get my PIP back it'll be worth it to me in the long run.

I am hoping my Mental Health Therapist, who hasn't really dealt with PIP before and is currently going through the 'what a disgusting system' phase, will be able to write them a descriptor focused letter about that side of things.

best wishes

Sam

Private GPs will cost you a fortune and there's no guarantee they will provide you with such information on just 1 consultation, your best bet is to arrange 1 appointment with a GP and then ask them to book you a longer slot in advance, the private GP will still need time to get your notes read them meet you, then discuss your concerns if you can afford it then go for it! But they most likely won't do it in 1 consultation my guess is 3/4