Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: General Election 8th June

hi my prediction, tory to win but not as much as thought , labour not too bad so will not be able to get rid of j corbin, lib dems will do rubbish, greens will do rubbish, SNP, will lose seats UKIP mite again a couple of seat ? regards palmer

Lib Dems might get a couple of seats back in south west, SNP might lose some to others, UKIP stay on fringes, but get few more votes. A few seats to flip-flop between Labour and Tories, but close in the end.

If still suffering from insomnia tonight, will be interesting how the news and politicians spin it through the night.

Suspect boundary reviews shortly after parliament sits though, whoever wins.

To quote Jethro "I don't care whatever political party they put in power in our country, they'll never stop the British public laughing.......................mind you they came bloody close with the poll tax"...I'll add "and nearly succeeded with the bedroom tax"
    Last edited by suffolkbobby; 08-06-17 at 15:46.

Prediction:

Whatever happens we will have voted for yet another bunch of self-serving politicians.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Prediction:

Whatever happens we will have voted for yet another bunch of self-serving politicians.
    Start preparing for the next election, in November or next March or perhaps after the 2018 boundary changes.

I don't do or understand politics but my opinion is that I think Teresa May didn't get the votes she expected because she she is going to stop free school dinners for the 7 and under and give them free breakfasts instead.Now that's all well and good but what happens when parents have children at different schools.Also has she implemented what she said when she first took over as PM that she was going to stop reassesments for people with long term illnesses or is that another lie she told.

They all lie, it's the nature of the beast I'm afraid

Nick Clegg looked ready to drop when the results came through for Sheff Hallam. Should have seen May charging into counting hall, looked like proverbial rabbit in the headlights. Corbyn on the other hand was the Cheshire cat.

Managed to get an hour this morning, around 8am, so yes saw most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mzmps View Post
    Nick Clegg looked ready to drop when the results came through for Sheff Hallam. Should have seen May charging into counting hall, looked like proverbial rabbit in the headlights. Corbyn on the other hand was the Cheshire cat.

Managed to get an hour this morning, around 8am, so yes saw most of it.
    I feel Clegg acted in wider interest in 2010. It appears May is going to see the Queen and DUP shall prop them up. Corbyn says he is ready to govern but does not have mandate or seat numbers ( like Brown in 2010). Cynically I feel we shall vote again in 2018 following boundary changes which are beneficial to Conservatives but May will have stood down and could resign to allow a new PM for autumn? I feel also there will be huge scrutiny of Labour proposals to see if they are achievable and realistic. Also think Tim Farron will stand down, particularly with Swinson, Davey and Vince Cable back in the fold. Nuttall has gone and SNP are weakened too. Plaid did well, up to 4. Labour have an issue too, many moderate labour MP's despise Corbyn whose position is strengthened at present. But, a week is a long time in politics. Many, myself included, are tiring of endless elections and referendums. Politics is changing even more.
    Last edited by fwipperie; 09-06-17 at 10:22.

Yes, the Labour MPs who two minutes ago were calling for Corbyn to go, that he damages the party. Then through the night, could not give him enougj platitudes, in the main.

Cons, were circling the corpse of Mays politcal career.

Sturgeon, got a bit of a surprise from both sides, but then again has huge majority in the assembly. Wales of course have there own parliament, but got a decent show.

Hung parliament not good for some things, but will make May or surogate think about policy and how it s accepted by the whole house. If there any MPs stand down, it could have huge impact. Possible for another vote this year if things fall apart, conservatives standing behind her for now, which usually means the leg is just being primed to boot her out.