Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition to Ed Miliband to investigate!

Rather than Genuine Disabled who can't work I would prefer
    'Those who are Disabled and either unable to work or considered unsuitable for placement in the workplace'.
    I actually came across the statement that ' In our opinion whilst Miss ### is capable of work it is considered that she may unsuitable for placement in the workplace therefor alternative avenues should be explored'.
    This was in a report from an insurance company justifying them not honoring paying out on a policy. She was restricted to a wheelchair and doubly incontinent after an accident and understandably extremely depressed but in their considered opinion she could still find meaningful employment.

The election resultys mean nothing unfortunatly.
    The coalition has agreed to a full parliament and the election that counts is still three years away.
    But as the Labour Party have said they would have done the cuts as well, that they voted for PIP, what makes you think anything will change? its was Labour who started the investigation into DLA and brought in ESA.

Without an alternative, all that happend last night was people voting (and not many, only 30%) as a protest vote, not a vote in support of Labour. Out of the total who did vote, its showing that 49% voted for the Coaltion supporters, both Cameroons and Lib dems, so not that big a protest vote its seems, Once all votes are in I believe it will show a realignment of the traditional voting aptters as always done in thsi country, with labour pickingb up votes in the big cities and the North.

What it shows is that either 70% dont care, its not effecting them, or they feel that all the parties are the same, so why bother?

this morning while watching the news although the cons and libs got a good thrashing yesterday Theresa May announced that this coalition still has no intentions of backing down or perhaps the cons have no intentions of backing down.

She claimed that they were tackling the deficit which they have just made worse over the 2 years and as part of their plan she then announced that they were still going to push through with welfare reforms.

We all know that the banks got us in to this mess yet while these greedy people are making a mint this coalition are just hell bent on taking it further on us vulnerable people.

makes you wonder what will be left for us people on welfare after they have finished, could we see unemployment reaching 4 or 5 million, in the end those of us who are disabled have to go somewhere in the system.

well it is their losses in the end,

mike

While I totally agree everyone is missing the point it does not matter which is in power,They just have all lost touch with the real world and care not about the people in every day experience of trying to survive because that is what we have to do so all the letter and chat will not work any more.
    We all try hard and speak out but we need powerful people to help in our struggle this is worse than the miners strike and look what happened there.
    WillieJ

i totally agree with what you say williej,

on some forums they hold live events inviting professional bodies so that people of the forum can put questions to them and hopefully get the answers they are looking for.

i am pretty sure that many of these m.p's browse forums and it is a shame that we can't invite them to forums like these to start answering our concerns.

one thing we could and should do now is bombard these m.p's with emails until someone starts to listen, after nearly a week so far a big fat zero response from ed millaband or his band.

people out there now should be very concerned as further reforms are looming, single credit, pip etc. won't just affect the young but the old as well.

mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    i totally agree with what you say williej,

on some forums they hold live events inviting professional bodies so that people of the forum can put questions to them and hopefully get the answers they are looking for.

i am pretty sure that many of these m.p's browse forums and it is a shame that we can't invite them to forums like these to start answering our concerns.

one thing we could and should do now is bombard these m.p's with emails until someone starts to listen, after nearly a week so far a big fat zero response from ed millaband or his band.

people out there now should be very concerned as further reforms are looming, single credit, pip etc. won't just affect the young but the old as well.

mike

I totally agree with mike!
    even if it gets us no where Bombard them and pester them with as many emails as possible.
    We coulld have one email with 1000,000 signature which could end up in junk mail and all a waste of time.
    with 100's of emails is a different matter.

It may do no good but at the end you can say to yourself at least we tried!

There are some who are so Negative there is no need to sit back and moan and groan on the site
    if you do not intend to do anything.

i know this is an old thread now but i was wondering if anyone out there has had any replies back from this M.P, so far i have had no replies from my local M.P, no reply from another disabled minister and no reply from this leader.

has anyone had replies from other M.P's out there, i am beginning to wonder what the heck these people are playing at.

mike

Hi Mike nothing here to me but saying this my MLA on another matter has this and is looking at it with other people ( all I can say just now )
    WillieJ

I had a reply from my MP quote "all he could do was write to the departments involved" and wishing me luck at the tribunal I am going to having failed the so called "work capabilities" medical. I had a bog standard reply from Ed Milband and a letter from Goff Daft , yes even I scratched my head at that, in reply to my letter to IDS. My tribunal date has been brought forward to June from August/September because I've bombarded them with complaints and told them about every single change as your required to do. Apparently some of those changes happened after my medical and are therefore not allowed. My illness is degenrative and was there before during and is still there! Now I am going to amaze you all I had a apology from ATOS for an error they had made in the medical report, I have not been discharged from medical support and so on! Best of all I have a letter from my local Jobcentre district manage which states quote "that the heathcare professional do not have to see an individual doing or completing an task to know whether they can do it or not" I can not give you lottery results ok! My consultant Neurologist and GP (who they said throught filling in form esa?? was the reason why they had given me an earlier medcial instead of waiting 12 months) are both not very happy with what has been put into the report. I'm living with a very dangerous placed inoperable brain tumour its effecting my ability to walk and so on but apparently, my been able to reach down and pick my hand bag up from the floor whilst sitting means I can doing it from a standing position which I think is wonderful considering I'm having trouble standing but you already know from your own experiences but you got to admit it says it all doesn't it! I'm thinking allow clinical maladminsitration and compensation!

Related to the emails that were posted to Ed Miliband, i Guarntee you that in the first place Ed Miliband himself would not read them but his secretary would but if everyone did get involved and spread the email to friends and family and eventually it would become more Nationwide they would pay more attention and Ed Miliband would be more involved in the matter.
    There needs to be pressure put on them.

Some of us tried but sure not everyone done the same as us and who we forwarded the email to like friends etc as the problems does not affect them they did not care and did not support us.
    There are little charities and organisations here and there throughout the country doing the same as us but what we really need is all get together.