Thread: ESA query

ESA query

My husband was put in the WRAG for ESA, income based a few months ago. He doesn't actually receive any monies as I work over 30 hours a week and we have some meagre savings. He suffers from brain tumour related epilepsy which is not controlled by medication (he's on his 11th type of aed) and he has no warning/aura that he is about to have a seizure.

He wants to work. I took him to Remploy yesterday and they said that he should appeal the decision and ask to be put in the support group as until his seizures are under control, it would be very difficult to put in employment. She did suggest homeworking for Enterprise, but that could be an issue as well as if he has a seizure whilst on the telephone, he will be unable to continue the call, not to mention that he would probably be scaring the bejeebers out of the person on the other end.

So my question is, is there a route for hubby to appeal against the group he has been placed in given that we didn't appeal it at the appropriate time? Thanks in advance.

Hi have you tried to claim esa? You can claim esa if you have uncontrollable epilepsy as there is a question referred to being alert or loss of consciousness. Try & claim it & I'm sure with your doctors advice he will qualify. All the best. Sam .

you can put in a (late appeal) up to 12 months from decision, but you will need a reason as to why its late, and for them to accept your reason for it being late.

or you could ask dwp to reassess your claim, you would need convincing evidence that your conditions had deteriorated, and it would probably be a full reassessment i.e new esa50 form and assessment.

was your husband working in the 2 years prior to his esa claim ? getting into SG would make no difference to your husband being paid esa if he is not eligible to CBESA.