Thread: Disability Premiums - SDP Severe Disability Premium

Disability Premiums - SDP Severe Disability Premium

I thought due to me not living alone I wouldn't be able to claim Severe Disability Premium because on the gov website it states you have to live alone. I have just been doing some more searching about Severe disability premium and came across the turn2us website, on there it states...
    "You must be living alone (have no non-dependents aged 18 or over living with you for example, an adult son , daughter or parent ), unless they are also receiving a qualifying disability benefit or are registered blind)"

Could someone please tell me if the info on the turn2us website is correct?

I do live with someone and from what I can see on the turn2us website they are on a qualifying disability benefit. The person I live with receives Personal Independence Payment daily living component.

Yes, turn2us are correct.

Of course you have to qualify yourself to be able to claim SDP.

So presumably you have DLA/PIP yourself, as well as an Income Related benefit that the SDP can be added to?

The governments own leaflet on disability premiums
    https://www.gov.uk/disability-premiu...rt/eligibility

If you can tell us exactly what benefits both you and your partner are currently getting then someone will give futher advice.

Or you could try one of the online benefit calculators (turn2us or entitledto) to check what you should be receiving:
    https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators
    Last edited by nukecad; 06-05-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Yes, turn2us are correct.

Thank you nukecad

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Of course you have to qualify yourself to be able to claim SDP.

So presumably you have DLA/PIP yourself, as well as an Income Related benefit that the SDP can be added to?

The governments own leaflet on disability premiums
    https://www.gov.uk/disability-premiu...rt/eligibility

If you can tell us exactly what benefits both you and your partner are currently getting then someone will give futher advice.

Or you could try one of the online benefit calculators (turn2us or entitledto) to check what you should be receiving:
    https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators
    I live with a parent and they are in receipt of income-related ESA and PIP daily living and mobility. I receive DLA middle rate care component and I am currently on contribution-based ESA in the support group. I see I need to be on ESA income-related to receive the disability premium/s so I am going to be filling out and returning an ESA3 form shortly, which leads me to my next question/s, although maybe it will be better to make a separate thread about that? I just hope I do not confuse anyone trying to explain.