Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what did you do for 50th

what did you do for 50th

So as the title says what did you do for your 50th birthday. i turn 50 this year to be honest i would be happy just having a pub lunch with close family and that's it but they want me to think of something better to do, i'm not physically upto much most of the time and i hate clubs so just thought i'd see what others did for their 50th i might get some ideas

Actually I had a party in my local pub although I was able bodied then. Started at 8pm and finished at 5 am the next morning. Never to be forgotten and a very good time was had by all.

I had a party at my house
    But I think the pub lunch sounds good
    Push the boat out and order bubbles

Sorry I can't remember much of mine.

I was living above the pub at the time so, a bit like beau, it went on all day and night and finished at breakfast the next day.

Maybe a drive out into the countryside to a nice place for your pub lunch?

At least they are asking you rather than trying to spring a surprise that you may not like.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for your replies i don't drink so that's out of the picture was talking to my mom today she said only trouble with pub lunch is i can only eat 3 meals without being really ill and have to take meds before i eat those. Years ago i had wanted to wing walk but that's out of question now. I'm still going to get a tattoo i designed for it. Was talking to my neighbour her family took her abround when she turned 50 15yrs ago. I was looking online but things are so expensive these days. No nuke my family know me well enough to know better than try to surprise me as they say i'm a bit of an odd one lol

A friend of mine was 40 last month.

Her sister has booked her a hot air balloon ride over the Cumbria fells to be taken anytime this summer.
    She is apprehensive, OK cacking it, but will no doubt love it.

I'm not there yet, getting closer though. However, for my wife's 50th she produced a list of 50 things to do, '50 for 50'. They varied hugely, from a photo shoot with her sisters to staying at the old prison in Oxford. She also did a short art class, afternoon tea with her nieces, did some family history research. I also took her on the Canadian, a train trip from Toronto to Vancouver. 4 nights in a wheelchair accessible cabin. Amazing journey. Apparently I was the first to try their new cabins.

For mine, I fancy a day at an historical Grand Prix.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

A nice cheese sandwich with a cup of tea?

Hmmmm Have No Idea...well, especially since I have a couple of years to hit my landmark age of 50! (Apologies & cheeky I know...couldn't help myself...well... I could...but I didn't!)

Whatever yo do Freedom, am sure it will be a great day and hopefully well remembered :-)

Quote Originally Posted by freedomeagle View Post
    Thanks for your replies i don't drink so that's out of the picture was talking to my mom today she said only trouble with pub lunch is i can only eat 3 meals without being really ill and have to take meds before i eat those. Years ago i had wanted to wing walk but that's out of question now. I'm still going to get a tattoo i designed for it. Was talking to my neighbour her family took her abround when she turned 50 15yrs ago. I was looking online but things are so expensive these days. No nuke my family know me well enough to know better than try to surprise me as they say i'm a bit of an odd one lol
    So the things to think about are-
    What do you enjoy doing, (that you might want to take to the next level)?

or probably more relevant to a birthday present-
    What would you like to do that you wouldn't do normaly, couldn't normaly manage without an heroic effort, or couldn't normaly afford?
    Last edited by nukecad; 17-06-17 at 16:59.