Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paper based assessment for Mental Health. Please help!

Yes I thought you were talking about esa I haven't applied for pip as I can manage on the money I get on esa to be fair though I made a mess of my ESA50 this time if I had filled it the same as I did the first time I would probably had a paper based again I was just that anxious I forgot to write probably the most important thing on it.Good luck.

You are allowed to record assesment with prior permission. However, you have to supply the equipment to record two copies at the same time, either on CD or cassette tape.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby123 View Post
    Yes I thought you were talking about esa I haven't applied for pip as I can manage on the money I get on esa to be fair though I made a mess of my ESA50 this time if I had filled it the same as I did the first time I would probably had a paper based again I was just that anxious I forgot to write probably the most important thing on it.Good luck.
    PIP is not a means tested benefit, If you meet the criteria for an award then you should apply. Being able to manage on ESA does not mean that you should not receive the benefits you are entitled to
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Thanks David but it's just to much stress especially because you need to phone them to claim and now they have changed the rules that not being able to out by yourself doesn't count now I would probably fail it anyway.

Hello heelme

Those of us who have had our face to face, which we dreaded, but then found it not as bad as we imagined have later discovered we did not score enough points for PIP, because of how the assessor scored us.

It is maddening to read lies/mistakes/errors in their report, which usually underscore how we cope with the descriptors.

However, none of this changes how we were treated at the face to face, at least at the face to face you do have an opportunity to voice how you are affected, whether they take any notice is down to luck.

A paper based decision does not give this opportunity, and you could still end up with less points than you deserve.

Basically PIP is a lottery, it shouldn't be, but it is.
    Some people sail through without a hiccup and probably wonder what all of us you don't, are moaning about. Some get a bit less than they feel they deserve but are loathe to rock the boat and risk getting points taken away. Others like me, have had to stressfully fight all the way to get awarded any level of PIP.

a f2f assessment is supposed to be a last resort if they can't get a clear picture. the first avenue is to consider what a person has submitted if still not sure then the next is to contact g.p hospital to who ever and if still not a clear picture then a f2f is required, stop all 3 assessment companies are simply not following guidelines, not helped by the conservatives requiring more people to have a f2f.

i went through 2 back to back assessments and the second one resulted within hours me falling ill, i did a topic on here when it happened.