Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking Atos GP

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by williej View Post
    Hello,
    I hope you all are having a better week than I,Looking info about taking a GP from Atos to court over Defamation of character because of what has been written and I have the proof plus a witness,Does any one know of this ever happening
    and how it went,Or also interested in your views on this.
    All welcome to say how you feel.
    I'm not a legal eagle, and obviously don't know the circumstances around your potential claim, but Tort of Negligence may be more applicable, as seen about a third of the way down this page, http://www.whywaitforever.com/dwpatos.html This whole website is interesting reading.

It certainly is interesting reading, thanks for the link.
    I still can't believe that ATOS are getting away with what they do. There are supposed to be laws against discrimination, and theirs is clearly blatant. Their decisions are not based on medical examinations and worse of all, they blatantly tell lies. It's an absolute disgrace that sick and vunerable people are subjected to this vile and clearly corrupt dictatorship. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar
    A few years ago we had a housing case against our local council, within some of these reports there was defamation of character. We were lucky enough to be eligible for legal aid, we won our case and the offensive words were removed from our files and a written apology was issued and placed on our file. We now wish that we had not accepted the apology and filed for damages and compensation, however, it is up to you how you want your case to end, in some respects as to whether or not you accept an apology or wish to take it further that is if you get that far.
    It is a huge task to take on these cases, as I am sure you are well aware. You are extremely lucky to have your MP on your side.

All the best...

FM