Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have I done a Rip Van Winkle

Have I done a Rip Van Winkle

I'm sure the sun was shining the week I went to bed without a duvet, the birds were singing at 4am,
    I awoke to dark skies, howling wind, torrential downpours and it continues to today. I have a cardigan on to keep warm.
    Have I been asleep for some time .......or is it the School Summer Holidays?

I know the above was posted in jest... but-

Welcome to the world of IH.

Wake up, look at the clock.
    Look at the window to see if it's day or night.
    Look at your phone to see what date it is, and if you have slept through one or two days.

Like everything else you get used to it.
    Last edited by nukecad; 07-28-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Biscuitgazer
    ITV weather forecast for tomorrow: overcast, rain, some sunshine.
    Definitely daytime during the day, then.

The weather up here on the North Coast of Scotland has, at least for me, been terrible. It has been SUN all and every day for the past 8 to 10 days. The temp in my Living Room with All windows and Doors open is 25C to 27C . Just too hot for me. Today it is the coolest it has been for sometime as it is a balmy 24C inside and 27C outside at our front door.

I will be happy when Autumn comes around, sigh!
    Last edited by Kodiak; 07-29-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Have Taiwanese friends staying having to have the heating on .They have started to moan about the weather good old british summer time warm sunny in the morning .raining cats and dogs in the afternoon

Kodiak wish I lived were you live

Biscuitgazer
    That's perhaps a tiny bit warm if it's day in, day out, Kodiak. I turn do the heating up when it's 21° though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara1951 View Post
    Kodiak wish I lived were you live
    This where I live in the most northerly town on the UK Mainland that has a Train Station. At the moment, 7.23pm, the temp in the living room is 24.8C.

Last edited by Kodiak; 07-29-2017 at 07:24 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Its a lovely part of the world were you live .I would love to live near the sea

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara1951 View Post
    Its a lovely part of the world were you live .I would love to live near the sea
    I can honestly say some of the beach's are fantastic, Farr Beach, Dunnet Beach and Strathy Beach to name just three. I live just 22 miles west of John O'Groat's which is famous for the Land's End to John O'Groats Charity Walks/Runs etc. Shortest distance between the two is 874 Miles.

Where I live in Thurso, Thurso Bay is used quite often for Surfing Competitions, here is a Pic of Thurso Bay with Dunnet Head in the background.

Edgar Allen Poe