Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warm Homes Discount scheme

Warm Homes Discount scheme

Warm Homes discount scheme
    For any one who doesn't get automatic entry, Many schemes open their list today.

www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

That Gov page is for last year 2016/17

yes but it does give a link through to suppliers can't gaurantee whether any of the suppliers lists are open my supplier opened on 1st aug worth a try
    Last edited by David69; 08-03-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Tried Sainsburys and not open yet

Quote Originally Posted by David69 View Post
    yes but it does give a link through to suppliers can't gaurantee whether any of the suppliers lists are open my supplier opened on 1st aug worth a try
    Neither is SSE or BG

EON is already taking applications for this winter

Do you have to re-register every year or does it rollover.

I was with BG then Sainsbury’s BG when this scheme first started and from memory it just rolled over every year without needing to apply again but now I’m with the Co-op and registered for 2016/17 so just wondered do I register again for 2017/18 or is it automatic ?

If you have automatic entitlement then it should roll over, if unsure then register anyway

SP send me a letter saying 'you had it last year do you want it again?".
    Not had that letter yet.

Bit of a laugh because I have not paid an electricity bill for going on 4 years.
    (Very long story, their fault which is why I'm not disconnected. But despite complaining/talking to the "Directors Support Team" it just goes on and on. I did get £2k knocked off last year, and set up fuel direct payments with the DWP, which SP then canceled).
    All other bills are fully paid, it's just SP being numpties.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    Do you have to re-register every year or does it rollover.

I was with BG then Sainsbury’s BG when this scheme first started and from memory it just rolled over every year without needing to apply again but now I’m with the Co-op and registered for 2016/17 so just wondered do I register again for 2017/18 or is it automatic ?
    Depends on which group you are in the CORE or the broader group , those in the CORE group get it automatically, the broader group have to re apply each tear
    Those in the core group are typically pensioners or in receipt of pension credit,
    Last edited by tom34; 08-06-2017 at 01:25 PM.