Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken iPhone - replace with iPhone 7 or wait . .. .

£600 for a phone! Your crackers. I think my new laptop and new 2nd hand phone cost less than that combined.

DPD couriers delivered as promised at the time they said - what an outfit!

I'd ordered the new iPhoneX- pronounced iPhone ten. It arrived half charged. I just needed to remember where I'd put the nano SIM that holds my mobile number in a DORO easy to use phone. But can I get the battery cover off this DORO to access my Virginmedia nanoSim - no - grrr.

I also bought a Belkin wireless charger that has successfully charged the new phone. I've also bought a leather case to give the phone added protection.

I think I'll pop into Tesco tomorrow and ask if they can release the battery cover from the DORO - I can't when using one hand only.

We're getting there!

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    £600 for a phone! Your crackers. I think my new laptop and new 2nd hand phone cost less than that combined.
    Actually the price was £999. I've got the phone sorted out now after registering, getting the last back-up from the cloud, getting my addresses and contacts with my Apple ID. It now mirrors my iMac.

I'd had the music and photos I want n the phone.

The 'Siri' Artificial Intelligence is far better than the iphone6. Even when the phone is off it wakes up when you say 'Hey Siri'. It's ike having your own secretary takes notes, making phone calls, sending texts, doing research and writing letters - that's just to start with.

Can't wait to use the camera which s s sophisticated and complex but easy to use.

I'll activate the facial recognition in the morning. Then all I need to do is look at the phone to open it or pay for a coffee in its contactless mode.

It's a god send to a disabled person - it enhances all aspects of your life as everything s just a voice command away.

I've only just got it up and running - I'll report back on this easy to use smartphone.

PS the SIM card costs £5 a month from Virginmjedia on 4G. It actually works out cheaper buying the phone upfront and having an unlocked phone so you can shop around for a cheap SIM deal.

Check this place out for SIM only deals https://www.unshackled.com/sims