Thread: Advice Needed

Advice Needed

Hi guys

My name is Cautious Carole I'm 70 years old and I'm currently getting a lifetime award for DLA.

I get high rate mobility and I've got a mobility car and low rate personal care.

My health has deteriorated since I was first awarded DLA 10 years ago. If I were to apply for more money to help with personal care would I have to reapply for DLA or pip or Attendance Allowance (because of my age) ?

Would I risk losing my lifetime DLA award because I definitely don't want to lose my car that I rely on. I'm just weighing up the risk/reward factor and would like some advice.

Hi sorry to see no one replied? I have heard that if you tell them of a change of circumstances/worsening health if your on DLA it is very very likely you will asked to be re assessed but it won't be under DLA anymore, they will re assess you for PIP. I will be honest, PIP is very very hard to get and a VERY unfair points system and there is a very real risk of you losing your DLA, every case is different of course, but my ex partner was on DLA and had a car, he has just lost everything when he was reassessed for PIP, this is my experience x

I would recomend getting f2f advice from a trained advisor, CAB, Age concern etc
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

hi as stated go to trained advisor, CAB, Age concern their were really good with my parents giving information etc regards palmer

See this article from AgeUK:
    http://www.ageuk.org.uk/money-matter...ing-allowance/

As Carole is 70 years of age, and already has DLA then she can stay on DLA for as long as she has care or mobility needs.

The cut off date is 8 April 1948.
    If you were born before that date then you will not be changed to PIP, even if you have a change of circumstances.

Only if you lost your DLA altogether, which is unlikely here, would any new claim have to be for AA if you are over 65.
    Last edited by nukecad; 08-18-2017 at 04:20 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.