Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Advice about increasing DLA

  1. #1

    Advice about increasing DLA

    Hi guys cautious carole here

    I currently get low rate for personal care high rate mobility so I have a mob car on DLA lifetime award.

    My health has deteriorated since I was first awarded DLA 10 years ago and was looking to increase the personal care.

    I'm not sure the best way to go about it.

    Would I have to make a new claim for DLA, therefore risking losing my car if they downgrade me on the mobility side of things or would it have to be a pip claim or attendance allowance because I'm 70.

    Just weighing up my options and whether its worth doing.

  2. #2
    Minefield this one I THINK aged 70 and you wanted to claim a change of circumstances you would have to have had the deterotaion before you reached 65, otherwise again not 100% you would have to contact attendance allowance, I'm sure someone with a bit more knowledge will know more.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Yes, you can increase the care award of DLA after the age of 65 but you must have had these care needs for 6 months.

    Read this link:

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    You just ring up and tell them your care needs have changed and they'll send you a form out. I did it for my grandmother (who was 76 at the time) a couple of years ago when her health deteriorated. She went from middle rate care (high mobility) to high care. From what I remember it was fairly straight-forward. Because she was going from middle to high care I had to show that she needed help during the night as well as during the day.

    Good luck!

Similar Threads

  1. The ever increasing disgusting effect of this internecine pantomime
    By Jard in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-01-15, 14:53

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts