Thread: E-mail Complaint address

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E-mail Complaint address

See Also - DWP email for disabled customers.

Occasionally someone asks if it is possible to email a complaint to the DWP.

There is no email address given on the government 'How to complain' website.

However I have done some searching and below are valid (at April 2019) email addresses for escalating complaints to the DWP.

You can use these to make an email complaint about-
    ESA, JSA, Universal Credit, Income Support, Incapacity Benefit, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit

You should use 'normal' complaint channels (ie. telephone the DWP) before resorting to one of these complaints teams.

When sending an email complaint the email header should just say "Formal Complaint" and nothing else.
    Then put just what you are complaining about in the first line of the message.
    See my example at post #2.

These are the regional Complaint Resolution Teams (CRTs):

SURREYANDSUSSEX.OPERATIONSCORRESPONDENCETEAM@DWP.G OV.UK – Surrey and Sussex. (There's no space between the G and O, not sure why the forum is showing it like that?)

SEG.OPERATIONSCORRESPONDENCETEAM1@DWP.GOV.UK - Southern England CRT (covering Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire)

NORTHWEST.COMPLAINTSRESOLUTIONTEAM1@DWP.GOV.UK – North West CRT (covering Manchester, Liverpool, Cumbria and the lakes, Cheshire, Wirral)

SCOTLAND.COMPLAINTSRESOLUTIONTEAM1@DWP.GOV.UK – Scotland CRT

WALES.COMPLAINTSRESOLUTIONTEAM@DWP.GOV.UK – Wales CRT

N-EMIDLANDS.CRT@DWP.GOV.UK - N-East Midlands CRT (East Anglia, Leicestershire & Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Rutland or Midland Shires).

WESTMIDLANDS.CRT@DWP.GOV.UK - West Midlands CRT (Mercia, Black Country or Birmingham & Solihull District).

NEE.CRTNORTH@DWP.GOV.UK – North East CRT (North) – (covering Durham, Tyne & Wear, Teesside, Northumbria)

NEE.CRTSOUTH@DWP.GOV.UK – North East CRT (South) – (covering Yorkshire & Humberside)

LHC.CRTTEAM1@DWP.GOV.UK – London and Home Counties CRT (covering Kent, Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Middlesex, Surrey, Berkshire)

On receipt of DWP’s response, if you remain unhappy or need further clarification you can escalate your complaint to stage 2, through:
    (You can also use this if the address above has been changed).

Correspondence@dwp.gov.uk – a single address covering the whole of operations. This is effectively the Director General’s support staff you’re writing to.

DWP have given a commitment to reply to emailed complaints within 15 working days, usually by telephone. (So including weekends allow 21 days for a reply).

Other email addresses for complaints that I have found:

Social Fund
    socialfund.complaintresolutionteam@dwp.gov.uk

Personal Independence Payments
    bootledbc.qualityteam@dwp.gov.uk
    yorkshiredbc.pip@dwp.gov.uk

Pensions Service/Disability Living Allowance/Carers Allowance
    correspondence@dwp.gov.uk

Maximus and Atos

CHDA (Maximus) email address: customer-relations@chdauk.co.uk

Atos email address: PIP-customerservice@atos.net
    Last edited by nukecad; 27-01-20 at 17:06. Reason: '.GSI' removed from all DWP addresses.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.