Thread: Mandatory reconsideration help

Mandatory reconsideration help

I got the dreaded phone call yesterday telling me I had only scored 9 points at my work capability assessment just wanted a bit of advice really.
    I got a doctors note signing me off for 3 months yesterday is that suitable for when I need to get backdated esa payments as I am not going to claim job seekers. Also do I send the notes off still or keep them?
    Should I of asked for my esa85 although I haven't had my decision notice letter yet just a phone call?
    Also when should I inform housing benefit as I am due a payment on Friday?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Kayteigh; 09-12-2017 at 02:19 PM.

As you don't intend to claim JSA, you should keep the Dr's note (Fit Note) safe and also make a copy for safety's sake, to send in subsequent to the MR should that fail.
    You should ring your LA housing benefit section and inform them of that phone call and Decision and that you will probably be looking at making a 'nil-income' claim for HB/CT as a result of it.

As soon has you receive your Decision Notice ring the DWP asking for a copy of the ESA 85 & any other information used in making that Decision and request an MR, asking them to wait until you've had a chance to review that info and provide a response.

Best of luck, any more questions fire away.

Thanks so much for your advice really helpful. Any advice about the mandatory reconsideration letter? What should it include really?

You will need to focus on the Descriptors, the ones you think fit you condition the best, and then show/describe how your condition prevents you completing them to the required level.
    Though to do this you really need that information ESA 85 etc, but when you do receive it try not to turn your MR into a complaint about the assessment, things may be easier for you if you try and get some help from a benefit adviser local to you such as CAB etc.

You could also contact your GP and ask if they can support you with a letter or other information, but there's nothing much else you can do at this stage, until you receive that info.

Keep us informed.
    Last edited by Jard; 09-12-2017 at 06:31 PM.

OK will do thanks a lot for the help it's much appreciated.