Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so angry! Inept social worker

I'm so angry! Inept social worker

I am having my home assessment to transfer from DLA to PIP on 3rd October. I rang my social worker to send me a copy of my care plan to show the assessor when he comes. He sent my whole file over via email.

To say I'm angry is an understatement. First off it's dated 4yrs ago and none of my information has been updated since 2013! Ok, it does show lots of stuff that would be helpful to my case, but, would the assessor accept a care plan that's 4yrs old? They haven't even got the correct street I live in on the front page!
    I want it all updated so I can show a current up to date file, but I don't want to trust it to this guy I have at the moment. He obviously doesn't do his job properly. He's even written at the end The of the file that I was last seen on 17th Sept 2017 and don't need to be seen till 2018. I haven't laid eyes on this guy for 2yrs!

Am I within my rights to demand a different social worker to come rewrite a correct file with me before my assessment? It's got me in a real panic.

Biscuitgazer
    Don't panic! I did my face to face with no care plan to show the assessor and now that I have one, I wouldn't show it to the DWP. Be yourself at the assessment and do not worry about the care plan, chances are the assessor would ignore it anyway as they ignore so many things. I'm guessing you spoke to your sw on the phone that day (maybe asking for a copy report). Btw they also have my old address on my care plan, I think their computer program isn't working properly, my OT had to fill it in manually.

Care plans can be good evidence for an assessment but more worrying is the fact that the care plan is not up to date. I would be straight on the phone to social services and asking for a manager and explain the problem. There is still time for them to write the current care plan and email it to you.

My care plan is renewed every year.
    Evidence more than 2 years old is not accepted by the DWP.
    Call me Mike.

What team are you under? I'm under the learning disability team and they are pretty much on ball. My social worker wrote my ESA assessment report and apparently that has more weight then if I or a family member wrote it. But I'm still waiting to see if I have to attend a medical or what group I'm in and they've had my file 10 weeks and still not heard anything.

Thanks for all the replies.

Dmorry, I'm with Essex adult social services team.

My husband has just spent over an hour on the phone with them. Thankfully he spoke to a very helpful guy. When he looked at my file he totally agreed that it was appalling and out of date. We weren't expecting this, but he started a whole new file and went right through everything properly. He's emailed the report and I'm extremely happy with it now.

Buiscuitgazer, can I ask why you would not show your file to DWP?

Biscuitgazer
    Sure. It's none of their business. I'm not that happy to have to put up with a care plan (mine is not very extensive) when I always used to take care of myself, but these days I have to get some random person from social services investigating my needs. At least they are trying to help, but as for the DWP, they are really not on my side they are more like advocates for the taxpayer (to see that we don't drain the country and rip everyone off with our - don't get me started) - so as far as I'm concerned they can have the bare minimum of information about my private life that they need to do their job.

That sounds really harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    My care plan is renewed every year.
    Evidence more than 2 years old is not accepted by the DWP.
    That's not entirely true, more recent evidence is 'preferred', however many claimants don't HAVE any more up to date evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by RobcarerT View Post
    That's not entirely true, more recent evidence is 'preferred', however many claimants don't HAVE any more up to date evidence.
    I'm in the process of renewing my PIP & one of the of the comments on page 18 clearly states that they don't want to see anything over 2 years old.
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    .....states that they don't want to see anything over 2 years old.
    Stuff what they want - they say there's quite a few things they don't want to see but if its relevant to your abilities/condition then send it.

It's your evidence, why should anyone tell you not to use your evidence?
    Answer - They want you to weaken your own case.

Plus if you send it to them now then if you later have to go to tribunal they can't turn round to the judge and say 'we were never told any of that'.
    Last edited by nukecad; 21-09-17 at 16:56.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.