Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Re-Flooring - Housing Association required to fit non-slip?

I've had a look at the Places for People website. I should try contacting their press office. Honestly, I would think a housing association could do better than this. The damage to your carpets and furniture should be covered under house contents insurance. The wetroom is most deffo "fixtures and fittings" and so should be their responsibility. The fact that you have so many different professionals come out and be aghast tells you something, does'nt it?

I would write to the pres office and throw an absolute wobbly, quoting all the professionals who are shocked at the state. The the housing associations choice of subcontractors by the sound of it and if many of the tenants have a similar problem, its obviously to even me, theres a flaw in their design or the maintenance

Concerned, I did a bit of digging online. seems you are not alone...
    https://www.aspokesmansaid.com/prope...ces-for-people

Thanks to both of you

Hey, I hope this thread is still alive because I Would appreciate some advice from you. So its time for us to redo our flooring. The problem is we can't decide which is the best choice. We googled many wooden flooring manufactures and there is so many of them that it is hard to choose the only one. So what is your opinion which flooring is best for now? If considering our opinion best-looking flooring for us was oak hardwood. But it is kinda pricy and we not sure is it worth. So maybe someone could be so kind and give us a review of their experience.

As you have seen, that post is over 2 yrs old. What can I say? 3 yrs later, polyfloor on kitchen and wetroom still good as new, no problems. I had some vinyl laid in the hall, telling them it needed to be "bombproof" as thats where the wheelchair comes in and lives. Still ok. Guess it depends on your house and whether you are a chair user inside? Also pets....that can be an issue. Ditto kids...
    Take some advice from firms you are looking at. Read reviews online.