Thread: Work, ESA and Prescription Charges

Work, ESA and Prescription Charges

Hello,

After much thought and because I wanted to try again.
    I managed to find a good flexible job with income over £23,000.

I have informed ESA as I was in a support group on income related element.
    I don't feel PIP should be affected as all issues with my disability are the same and level of help I need.
    I am hoping all goes well and I can handle it, completed one week.

I was wondering do I have to pay prescription charges now? I have a long term physical disability and have medication ( I don't have the illnesses such as diabetes etc..). Does my wife have to pay prescription charges for herself as she is relatively well but not working and on long term medication.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

PIP is not affected as long as the work you are doing does not conflict with the reasons for your claim. If you no longer get ESA(IR) then you will have to pay prescription charges as will your OH
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Here you go http://www.nhs.uk/nhsengland/Healthc...tioncosts.aspx have a read and see if you are exempt. If you are make sure you apply for and obtain a certificate. Don't just sign the prescription as exempt otherwise you will end up with a hefty fine.

Hello esanewbie

Good luck in the new job, I hope it goes well for you.

I don’t qualify for free prescriptions as my husband works and neither my disability or health problems are on the exempt list.

So I buy a yearly prescription pre-payment card, which I pay for monthly via a direct debit, which works out at just over £10 odd a month. As the eleven tablets I’m just about to take would cost a fortune in prescription charges each month.