Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA support group and universal credit

Unhappy ESA support group and universal credit

i have been in esa support for 4 years now, last assessment was last year, i recently moved and had to apply for uc, i have had a message today telling me a esa50 form will be sent and i need to fill it out for an assessment, i am still receiving esa until i get uc is this right?

Hi and welcome
    You will continue to receive ESA until a new decision is made either UC or ESA
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

i had an assessent last year and also got pip for 10 years i have looked here https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Un...ity_Assessment and it says i won't have to have another wca if i am already in support group for uc?

my case worker turned off all questions for work for uc, but got a message in my journal yesterday from a case worker in service centre telling me they will be sending a esa50 form? i have let them now i had one last year and was put in support group

i had my reassessment last year

Nukecad has a thread which explains about UC with the relevant legislation, just click on nukes name and there is a link to it

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit - the facts.
    Last edited by David69; 10-28-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

thanks if i have got it right i should not be asked for another assessment

Quote Originally Posted by gm123 View Post
    thanks if i have got it right i should not be asked for another assessment
    You need to get that ESA50 filled in and sent back ASAP, otherwise you risk them closing your claim, for all you know your last award may have only been for a 12month before reassessment.
    You will be notified in writing if your not required to be reassessed and you will need another reassessment for that to happen, your PIP award has nothing at all to do with your ESA/UC award they are totally separate.
    Last edited by Jard; 10-28-2017 at 11:24 AM.

my last assessment was awarded for 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by gm123 View Post
    my last assessment was awarded for 3 years
    What I said above still applies.