Thread: PIP starting blocks

PIP starting blocks

Just sent off for my PIP forms Today, so have got some reading to do on how to maximize the chances of getting this paid to me

my background is, I had a Mini stroke last October which paralyzed me for around 15 minutes (the longest 15 mins of my life) which has now left me with confusion, anxiety attacks, memory loss, forgetfulness, generally what a mild dementia suffer goes through

Although they say a TIA has only temporary effects, study suggests a lot of people do suffer long lasting effects such as mine

I am in full time employment, i always have been but this has now changed me, i work in IT so this really hits me hard with problem solving, retention of information, stress levels ect.

I have already spoken to HR and explained my now difficulties, they have been great and offered support, going part time, reducing my hours, but i cannot afford to do this, so the PIP payment would cover any short falls in reduction of hours if i take up any less hours at work

I have no mobility issues, no physical issues, so asking what would be the chances of getting anything for mental health regarding PIP payments?

Thanks

It's not impossible, I know someone who made a successful claim for MH reasons earlier this year, but I don't think it will be easy given the fact that you're still in work.

Great!!...i sorta knew it will be a uphill battle, if i do not try i will never know

Quote Originally Posted by hotdoglegs View Post
    Great!!...i sorta knew it will be a uphill battle, if i do not try i will never know
    Nothing to do with claiming a benefit is easy today, but if you don't ask you definitely wont get, all the best with it, if you can get some help with the form off a benefit adviser.

You can work and claim PIP, many do.

But it's a bit tough/tricky with mental rather than physical issues.

The fact that you are going to work could seem to rule out quite a few of the MH descriptors.

Have you tried doing an online PIP self-test to see what you think you would score?
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pe.../pip-self-test
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I am currently waiting results from my daughters change over from DLA to PIP.
    The physical questions were easy enough to explain as in getting around and help with personal care - and the sight was straight forward.
    The cognitive area was a different thing though.
    I sent in daughters Neuro-psychology report but explaining how she is affected and to what extent wasn't as easy.
    To be honest a person has to get to know my daughter before they will see she has problems.
    I always say - What you see is not what you get - to explain her.
    Anyway, I explained what I could but did receive a call from them once they had the form and asked me one or two questions -

After this I was thanked and told it could be sent through - to where?? Timbuk two maybe cos I've not heard anymore from them since.

If you can get a report from your Neuro regarding how this has affected you, I would send it as well as trying to explain things yourself - best of luck x
    Sea Queen