Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Esa appeal

Esa appeal

Hi all,
    I have a question about fit notes. I am waiting to hear back about my mandatory appeal and was wondering how long I must continue to get fit notes from my doctor?

Until your awarded,or not awarded. If its an on going thing ask your doctor for a couple months at a time. Some are sound and will do it no prob and some are sticklers.

Good luck.....

So that's right up to the court date?

Yup! Unfortunately buddy.

Funny that,considering the doc seems to think the wca means that she is removed for the process so people don't go asking for fit notes Driving me nuts!

Ask for no more than 3monthly notes up until & if you can get back on ESA assessment rate, when you then should be able to provide a 6monthly note, hopefully by then you've had your (successful) Appeal (Tribunal) if needed.

Best of luck.

It's a pain in the arse all right! One tells you one thing and another tells you something else. Thank god for forums like this where there's people who know the correct procedure or we'd all be chasing our tails!

Like you say,it drives you nuts!

Feels like chasing my tail is all I've done for the last 5 weeks. 2.5 hours sleep and it all begins again,seems like being dead is the only way to get peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    ...the doc seems to think the wca means that she is removed for the process....
    Most doctors don't understand how the benefit system works, and the "Benefits guide for GP's" that the DWP used to send them was deliberately misleading.
    It's was withdrawn last March and replaced by 4 guides and 3 information leaflets, not read them yet but I'll bet they're just as bad.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...ation-from-dwp

(And I bet that GP's won't be happy at being lumped together with 'Healthcare Professionals', that seems to be a blatant attempt to legitimise the assessors).

Many GP's are furious that the DWP can just overrule their years of training and experience when making assessment decisions. (Removing them from the process).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Cheer all for your support and thanks nukecad I will print it off and take it with me next time I go in.