Thread: PIP Change of Circumstances

PIP Change of Circumstances

As many will know, despite suffering from multiple life impacting conditions and disabilities.

The result of the original PIP application was Standard for both Daily Living and Mobility.

Now I have recovered a little, mental health wise, and now believing I can cope with the process again. I've decided that just being angry and frustrated at the last decision, is not helping get the help I need now. So putting in Change of Circumstances, so lets see if I get fair assessment this time.

One of the main problems with the original, being despite being a part-time wheelchair user, only got the lower award. To let those that are not aware, yes I can mobilise a little on foot, but wheelchair needed for; repeatability, safety (regular falls, even in home), in reasonable time, pain caused by arthritis, in multiple places. Even attended in my wheelchair for original medical/assessment, strangely though not mentioned in HP or DM report?

The paperwork has not been sent just yet but keep fingers crossed for me.

I wish you the very best of luck. Take with you what you have learned from last time, as you say being angry will not get you what you deserve. Second time round you know what to expect so can plan for it. You do have to show that you have either a new or worstened condition for a CoC and maybe having to use your chair more will do the job.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

There are degenerative conditions, including multi-level degenerative spinal conditions. Mobility worse than before, as you say experience of previous claim should help.

Recent meeting with GP, diagnosis of Fibro. So not good news personally, but good news for PIP claim, as proves problems being caused by diagnosed condition, rather than just my word.

Sounds like you have good cause ( unfortunately ) for a CoC.
    It always feels wrong wishing people good luck with getting worse. Hopefully soon these idiots that run the system will realise that some of us just won't get better and stop wasting money with assessments, MR's and tribunals.
    Maybe they are waiting for the second coming and we will all be cured
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.