Thread: Called for another assessment after having had identical one only 4 months ago?

Called for another assessment after having had identical one only 4 months ago?

Does any one know why this could possibly happen? I have severe, enduring and debilitating mental health conditions and after an updated assessment in July, 2.5 years following my first assessment when I was first awarded PIP, I was given the Higher rate after being on the Standard rate since I first received it as my conditions have worsened in recent times. The appointments cause a great deal of stress to me, and my anxiety and self-harm worsens during the period I receive them, wait for them and for a time afterwards. I have no idea why after only 4 months they have decided to call for me another assessment asking the exact same questions, despite nothing in my life or conditions changing??? The assessor herself was puzzled, claiming this was highly unusual and that she was given no information as to why they wanted another identical assessment.
    My mind cannot rest thinking as to why on earth they wanted another assessment after only 4 months ? Any ideas ? I feel like I'm being tortured as these cause so much stress to me.

I don't know if it will you or not, but you're not alone. Exactly the same is happening to me and I feel the same way you do. I can't explain why. The closest I got to an "answer" was what my MP was told which was I was expected to have adapted to my condition in that time and move out of support group into work group.

My condition can only go one way and that's worse. No one can adapt to quickly deterioating conditions regardless of what the DWP might think.

My MP is looking into a better answer, perhaps yours can help you and maybe someone else here can offer some insight as well.

Are sure this is for another PIP assessment, not an ESA one, how long was the last PIP award for?, if that is the case it may have something to do with this:

A news article posted over on the B&W site;

SEARCH FOR PIP CLAIMANTS ENTITLED TO MORE
    A shameful 7 months after it lost a PIP court case, the DWP has finally backed down and changed the way it makes decisions about PIP.

It has also begun searching for thousands of claimants who have lost out as a result of the delay.

Until last week, the DWP had argued that a claimant could only score points for being unsafe if harm was likely to occur on more than 50% of the occasions on which they attempted an activity.

But, in back March a panel of upper tribunal judges held that the decision maker should look at whether there is a real possibility that harm might occur and also at how great the harm might be. The greater the potential harm, the less likely it needs to be that it would happen on any specific occasion.

It has taken the DWP an almost criminal seven months to update their guidance to health professionals and decision makers

The DWP believes that an extra 10,000 claimants will benefit by £70 - £90 a month as a result of the change.

Penny Mordaunt, former minister for disabled people, told the Commons earlier this month:

“In the case of existing claimants the Department for Work and Pensions will undertake an exercise to go through all existing cases and identify anyone who may be entitled to more. We will then write to those people affected and all payments will be backdated to the date of the change in case law.”

However, few claimants would trust the DWP to identify all those who should receive a higher award, or any award at all if you got nothing. It would definitely be worth getting advice if you believe your case should be looked at again, especially as the DWP seem to be focussing almost exclusively on claimants with epilepsy.