Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIP Award Review

PIP Award Review

So, I got a PIP Award Review today.

1. My PIP Award doesn't end till next November 2018.

2. They've given me 21 days to fill it in get medical evidence and return the damn thing! I get they send em' out early, but twelve months! Do they really need that long to process a review?

3. I've only got the same evidence letters I sent em' less than two years ago.

So my condition hasn't changed since my last assessment so I can only tick "no change" and as this system is newish I suspect that I will loose part of the original award period, have no option other than months of anxiety waiting for the inevitable face to face, and the interrogation itself.

Anybody got any advice on this new system?

I suspect ticking "no change" won't help but I've got no other option available, I can't lie and say it's got worse! And turkeys' don't vote for Christmas.

Should I get help from a benefits adviser as this form isn't a complicated one like the PIP form was? But I remember reading Claiments shouldn't fill in forms without help, but this isn't a new claim, although my nasty suspicious mind tells me that decision makers don't treat reviews differently from a new claims.

And so the panic and anxiety starts! Merry Christmas from the DWP again!

Not having received the review form myself, mine doesn't end till 2019. Cannot comment on the form itself, others have had the form so may be able to assist there.

You should get 1 calendar month to respond, or have you been left with the 21 days, due to the date you received the form. My original PIP2 form, took a week to get to me, so that left me 3/4 of the time you get to respond.

It is normal to receive the form 1 year prior to the end date of the original award being reviewed. This was to give them time to re-assess, prior to the award running out, preventing them leaving the claimant without an award.

When my claim gets reviewed apart from new conditions, most of the info that affects day-to-day activities, is years old, but won't change really as permanent conditions. But talking to an advisor, could help as they may be able to help word the reply and with the form, as they will probably have come across others in the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    So, I got a PIP Award Review today.

1. My PIP Award doesn't end till next November 2018.

2. They've given me 21 days to fill it in get medical evidence and return the damn thing! I get they send em' out early, but twelve months! Do they really need that long to process a review?

3. I've only got the same evidence letters I sent em' less than two years ago.

So my condition hasn't changed since my last assessment so I can only tick "no change" and as this system is newish I suspect that I will loose part of the original award period, have no option other than months of anxiety waiting for the inevitable face to face, and the interrogation itself.

Anybody got any advice on this new system?

I suspect ticking "no change" won't help but I've got no other option available, I can't lie and say it's got worse! And turkeys' don't vote for Christmas.

Should I get help from a benefits adviser as this form isn't a complicated one like the PIP form was? But I remember reading Claiments shouldn't fill in forms without help, but this isn't a new claim, although my nasty suspicious mind tells me that decision makers don't treat reviews differently from a new claims.

And so the panic and anxiety starts! Merry Christmas from the DWP again!
    Hi can’t really answer your questions, sorry, I do understand what you are going through though, as do most people on here. Can I ask you say you had a form and could tick no change on it, what is the number of this form would you know please. As I have just received my ESA one couple of weeks ago and had to get someone to fill it all out for me, as they wanted to know everything all over again. Any ideas please?

Archersmate is talking about the new PIP reassessment form, it's called an AR1.

ESA is still the ESA50 everytime.

I just did an ESA50 a few weeks ago.
    I keep the downloadable one filled in on my computer.
    So when they send one out I just check and update the one on the computer, print it off, sign it, and send it to them in their envelope. (Along with any new evidence I have).
    Saves having to do it all from scratch again everytime.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I think I'm gonna just tick all the boxes and include a typewritten enclosure explaining my condition in layman terms, the decision makers at DWP are only pox doctors clarks so I need to drive it home about having a condition that is progressive and varies from person to person.

I'm not expecting a miracle, I was told, only about 15% of PIP claims go through on. paper only without a f2f, although that was referring to new claims. Hopefully as I'm not suggesting I need more support than I was originally awarded it might just go through on paper only. (I'm not holding my breath though) ultimately disability benefits are still under the cosh and the DWP are still "making mistakes"

This link might help you:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...p-review-form/

My personal view is that you should include any supporting evidence that you can get to give an up to date overview of your condition. They are supposed to look at your previous assessment and use the information from that but if you can get a report from your MS nurse/similar then I would be inclined to do that. I work on the principle that those looking at the review form may automatically send you for an assessment if you do not have any up to date evidence. In other words don't expect them to use any common sense!

I would also write about any other 'happenings' that have taken place. For instance (if this still applies) your need to move to other accommodation to help you with your 'needs'.

Painting a picture of what life is like for you (and continues to be) and backed up by medical evidence would IMHO give you the best chance of everything being done on a paper assessment.

They deal with thousands of applications/reforms and it must be simpler to automatically put forward people for a face to face assessment than look at the forms in detail so make it easy as possible to give yourself the best chance of 'sailing through' with no change to your award.

It is no good taking things personally as you are merely a claimant to them - I won't say more because it makes me so angry - so try to be really objective and give them what they need evidence wise.

I had a change in condition reported it on review form which led to a f2f
    A relative a few weeks ago ticked no change all through the form
    Recieved a call a few days ago saying there payments would remain the same with a further 2 year award before review.
    Be honest if there’s no change tick no change

Good luck with the review.

For those reading and not knowing what to expect on the form, this is from the What do they know, site, has a sample copy AR1.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...eview_form_ar1

Hello, I sent my review back a week or so ago. I was given until 26 November to send it back. Like you I read through the " new " form, I say new as the wording is very much different to previous PIP documents or ESA forms for that matter, it seems a little ambiguous to be honest, I have ticked a couple of questions as no change but on some I elaborated further on how my disability effects me and how progressive it has become. I included a supporting statement, even more clarity, and evidence from my consultant, so hopefully that should be enough. Just thought it was interesting to see a different format in the manner in which they ask questions from that of ESA. Hope my review is successful as its incredibly stressful waiting to hear, fingers crossed!! I guess its just a case of watch this space.

Even if ticking no change, it is worth including any relevant evidence just to reinforce your claim. Don't assume that they will read any previous
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.