Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PIP Migration - wife

As far as I know, you can't combine descriptors to gain points; each descriptor is considered on its own and must apply for over 50% of the time. Regarding "does not" vs "can not", you won't usually score points for choosing not to do something, only being unable to do it, unless you can show evidence that the illness/disabilty itself causes unwillingness to do an activity. That might be hard to prove, if as you say, there are occasions where she does choose to go out.

I don’t like the term ‘choose’, whilst it is essentially a choice, it’s a choice between:

going out and risking huge panic attacks, feelings of unworthiness and daily and paranoia.

Not going out (if she doesn’t HAVE to) and avoiding that, well, most of the time atleast.

It is not a simple choice, and likening it to one is essentially saying someone using a wheelchair if they can walk 10 meters is their own choice, and thus they should be judged as choosing to limit themselves.

Obviously, they’re not going to put themselves through the pain and fatigue if they can avoid it, hence the CHOICE to use a wheelchair.

What I’m asking is, can it be argued that as an activity may not take place everyday (such as bathing), it should be judged based on the amount of times not completed vs amounts completed?

Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Thanks guys.

Assessment done this morning, seemed like a nice lady, occupational therapist. Was relatively thorough so fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Does anyone know how soon I can request the report, is it the PA4, and which number, pip helpline?

Give it a few days until next week, depends when the assessor sends her report in.
    Call me Mike.

I rang for mine 2 days later.