Thread: cheap computer give away

Post cheap computer give away

Last week while scouting the internet i came across an article in which our government are offering cheap computers for those on certain benefits.

I know there is a drive to get people on-line but i am puzzled that our government are slashing benefits for many and that at the same time want those on benefits to take up this offer.

I have provided a link so that people can comment on this scheme.

http://tech.uk.msn.com/microsoft/is-...-money-can-buy

mike

I didn't read it all but I saw nothing that said the government were contributing to the scheme, only that they wanted everyone to be on line. The offer appears to be for those who do not already have internet access as it is linked to getting your service through a particular isp, My guess is that neither Microsoft or the isp are going to lose any money on this deal, if you know somebody who wants an out of date machine with limited capability and a desire to be tied to a particular isp for a year then by all means tell them about it.

Presumably everyone who reads this already has internet access lol.

Within the site listed there is a link which takes people to the site where they are selling the cheap computers and on there it then gives a list of qualify benefits. (get online is the link)

if i had still be on my own years ago then it would of been out of reach and may be for many with the way things are going. good if you are fighting over the computer in a family situation.

mike

The government has always wanted everyone to have access to the Internet. They have invested money into schemes to make this possible. However, they do not offer computers.

I am not sure about this scheme, but I feel that for those who do not know about PCs or the Internet it is not very good for them at all, & those of us who do know about both would not touch it.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen