Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Cold Weather Payment

  1. #21
    Thank you for your replies.We don't get pension credit we are about £1 over the allowed limit so no cold weather payment.

  2. #22
    Senior Member nukecad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    West Cumbria (Lake District)
    Posts
    5,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Yes you do get the "Cold Weather Payment" if you receive Pension Credit. Unfortunately for me the last time I received it was about 5 Years ago as it was never cold enough for me to get it. Since I live as far North as you can go on the Scottish Mainland you would think otherwise, but no payments for us up here even in this exceptionally cold weather.
    For your area the DWP use data from the weather station at Wick Airport.
    Close to the sea again so 2 or 3 degrees warmer, they do pick the ones that they use carefully.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

    Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

  3. #23
    £25 in bank account today the 7/03/2018

  4. #24
    I received a cold weather payment today, it might be worth checking anybody who is in the same position as myself if you didn't have one, I get esa ir wrag component, I have no other premiums added to my benefit, and I don't have any children, just thought I'd let everybody know

  5. #25
    Senior Member nukecad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    West Cumbria (Lake District)
    Posts
    5,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyj View Post
    I received a cold weather payment today, it might be worth checking anybody who is in the same position as myself if you didn't have one, I get esa ir wrag component, I have no other premiums added to my benefit, and I don't have any children, just thought I'd let everybody know
    Having read this I just checked my bank balance, ESA payment not due until tomorrow - so it should have said 'no funds available' but didn't.

    I am also IR WRAG with no premiums (nothing else except HB) so shouldn't qualify for a cold weather payment.

    But there is one CW payment due for this area, and it looks like I have been paid it anyway.
    I'll have to wait for a bank statement to check.

    (Invested in a bottle of wine to warm me up )
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

    Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

  6. #26
    Good on you nukecad

  7. #27
    Senior Member nukecad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    West Cumbria (Lake District)
    Posts
    5,631
    I've had a look at the legislation to try and clear up why payments are being made to those without any premiums on their IR ESA.

    And it's good news:

    The Cold Weather Payment Act 1988 (as ammended) says at regulation 1A(3)(e)
    (e) where P has been awarded an employment and support allowance,and

    (i) P’s applicable amount includes one or more of the premiums specified
    in paragraphs 5 to 7 of Schedule 4 to the Employment and Support
    Allowance Regulations 2008(b), or

    (ii) P is a member of the work-related activity group or is a member of the
    support group
    ; or

    (f) {goes on about Universal Credit}
    So the legislation does not say that you need to have a premium with IR ESA, just that you have been awarded WRAG or SG.
    (If you are still in assessment phase then you do need a premium, according to clause (i), not sure how that could happen without a group anyway?).

    The eligibility criteria as given on the government website is wrong.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

    Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

  8. #28
    Senior Member nukecad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    West Cumbria (Lake District)
    Posts
    5,631
    I just got a DWP brown envelope through the door while I was replying to another thread.

    It's a letter from ESA, dated 9th March, telling me that:

    "A cold weather payment of £25.00 will be credited to the above account in the next few
    days. This is your Cold Weather Payment from 24 Februry to 2 March 2018."


    So that will be the payment that went into my bank last week then.
    (On the 8th March).

    Typical DWP organisation/communication.

    (Wonder if they'll also cock-up and pay it twice ? I'm not holding my breath but stranger things have happened. LOL).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

    Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    (Wonder if they'll also cock-up and pay it twice ? I'm not holding my breath but stranger things have happened. LOL).
    If that does happen then they will have the cheek to ask for it back once they realise it has been paid twice in spite of it being their error.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I just got a DWP brown envelope through the door while I was replying to another thread.

    It's a letter from ESA, dated 9th March, telling me that:

    "A cold weather payment of £25.00 will be credited to the above account in the next few
    days. This is your Cold Weather Payment from 24 Februry to 2 March 2018."


    So that will be the payment that went into my bank last week then.
    (On the 8th March).

    Typical DWP organisation/communication.

    (Wonder if they'll also cock-up and pay it twice ? I'm not holding my breath but stranger things have happened. LOL).
    Things like that WONT happen, Ive had 2 payments this year and the letter from ESA came about 8 or 10 days after it had been paid into my account. Same last year and the year before...and so on

Similar Threads

  1. Cold Weather Payment.
    By nukecad in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-22-2018, 03:53 PM
  2. Cold Weather Payment
    By mich67 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 06:37 PM
  3. Cold weather payment
    By Stig in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 09:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •